Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Remembering - w/a Famous Nic 3000 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77144)

RevSmoke 05-18-2022 04:59 PM

Remembering - w/a Famous Nic 3000

This cigar was given to me by Jason (Bruceolee) as part of the last carpet bombing of my sorry @$t#!$K...

https://i.imgur.com/BkMh0Uo.jpg?1

Enjoyed it with a couple fingers of Eagle Rare. - they complimented one another well.

I wasn't smoking to review it, just to sit there and enjoy it (them), and consider in memoriam him from whom I had received it.

I do know it lit easily, needed no touch-ups, held a nice grey ash for quite a while. It was sweet, in a light molasses sort of way. Hints of coffee and cocoa seemed to flit in and out.

All in all a great smoke!

Thanks, Jason!

sigsauer 05-18-2022 05:09 PM

Re: Remembering - w/a Famous Nic 3000

Jason was good peeps.....I miss his posts

Weelok 05-18-2022 05:22 PM

Definitely a worthy tribute. I think of him everything I smoke a Bellas Artes.

icehog3 05-19-2022 07:56 AM

Thanks for sharing, Todd....I miss Jason.

gravel 05-19-2022 08:31 AM

Funny, I smoked a different inexpensive cigar I received from him and did the same thing (Corona Ranchero). I have a few of these Famous from him and will think of him when I light those up too.

Havanaaddict 05-19-2022 11:18 AM

I am sure Jason is looking down and is happy you enjoyed it! I also miss his posts!

RevSmoke 05-19-2022 01:53 PM

I have a Partagas Culebra that I got from him. I will smoke it ONLY when I can arrange a herf with at least one other inmate, preferably two (3 cigars in a culebra).

So, who's up to get together up in the north woods?

Peace of the Lord be with you.

cmitch 05-19-2022 02:32 PM

RIP my brother.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=34604606

jledou 05-19-2022 07:47 PM

a great cigar to commemorate a great man.

MitchellMcgarr 08-29-2022 07:58 AM

Sorry to reboot this thread, but I just saw it and it made me quite emotional. Jason and I were quite close as most of you know. Seeing this thread blessed my heart. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of Jason. My one regret is that I never got to share a cigar with the man. I inherited his cigars after his passing and started to dabble into the cigar world from there. I’m going to smoke a cigar this coming week in his honor, matter of fact. Being on this forum, even if I don’t post often, makes me feel very connected with Jason. I’m always reading threads and enjoying the content. This place is starting to become a refuge and home for me.

icehog3 08-29-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchellMcgarr (Post 2237728)
Sorry to reboot this thread, but I just saw it and it made me quite emotional. Jason and I were quite close as most of you know. Seeing this thread blessed my heart. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of Jason. My one regret is that I never got to share a cigar with the man. I inherited his cigars after his passing and started to dabble into the cigar world from there. I’m going to smoke a cigar this coming week in his honor, matter of fact. Being on this forum, even if I don’t post often, makes me feel very connected with Jason. I’m always reading threads and enjoying the content. This place is starting to become a refuge and home for me.

It's wonderful that you feel connected through the Asylum. I never got to meet Jason in person but surely I knew him well via all the conversations we had with him here. I miss him too.

MitchellMcgarr 08-29-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2237731)
It's wonderful that you feel connected through the Asylum. I never got to meet Jason in person but surely I knew him well via all the conversations we had with him here. I miss him too.

Jason was a good man. Truly salt of the earth. To know him was to love him. I’ve been reading his older posts on this forum and I regularly go through and read some of our text message exchanges. I miss him dearly and deeply. It blesses my heart to know how much you all loved and appreciate him. He was truly my big brother. There’s a huge void in my life with him gone.

longknocker 08-29-2022 10:25 AM

Jason Was A Great Guy. Thanks For Sharing, Todd.

Weelok 08-29-2022 11:43 AM

I miss Bruceolee and his energy. He had tremendous passion for cigars and reviews. I really
enjoyed his reviews and miss sharing thoughts with him.

I never could figure out the “o” in Bruceolee though?

shark 08-29-2022 01:56 PM

I never met him either but I could tell he was a good guy. May he RIP.

357 08-30-2022 08:18 AM

Todd, I too am glad you found a "home" here and feel connected. I have felt that way here for a long time. The people here are from all different walks of life, different faiths, different parts of the country or even overseas, but they all treat each other with care and respect. The ToE (mods) have done an amazing job keeping things this way since the beginning.

I didn't know Jason the way you did but he is a like brother in faith who's positivity shined brightly here at CA. I miss him and our conversations here. I really regret I wasn't able to meet him and herf with him. I will be back in Florida in November. I hope we can get a Florida herf together sometime.

MitchellMcgarr 08-30-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 357 (Post 2237768)
Todd, I too am glad you found a "home" here and feel connected. I have felt that way here for a long time. The people here are from all different walks of life, different faiths, different parts of the country or even overseas, but they all treat each other with care and respect. The ToE (mods) have done an amazing job keeping things this way since the beginning.

I didn't know Jason the way you did but he is a like brother in faith who's positivity shined brightly here at CA. I miss him and our conversations here. I really regret I wasn't able to meet him and herf with him. I will be back in Florida in November. I hope we can get a Florida herf together sometime.

Yes, I’m excited for this potential Florida herf in November. Even if I can’t be there for the entire weekend, I would like to go for at least a full day and hang with you brothers and smoke a cigar in Jason’s honor as well as others who have passed away. I know Jason is smiling knowing that I’m on the same forum he loved for many years and smoking cigars that I inherited from him. No greater way to honor the man. I miss him and think about him practically every day.

RevSmoke 08-30-2022 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitchellMcgarr (Post 2237777)
Yes, I’m excited for this potential Florida herf in November. Even if I can’t be there for the entire weekend, I would like to go for at least a full day and hang with you brothers and smoke a cigar in Jason’s honor as well as others who have passed away. I know Jason is smiling knowing that I’m on the same forum he loved for many years and smoking cigars that I inherited from him. No greater way to honor the man. I miss him and think about him practically every day.

I would love to be there for a herf!