Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Grand Habano Corojo #5 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=469)

Volt 10-15-2008 06:38 AM

Grand Habano Corojo #5

The Grand Habano Corojo #5... Very nice smoke, I really wish I had banded who gave it to me.

The cut - 10/10 - One of the best caps I have ever seen. Huge, I was able to cut the stick perfectly with the Palio. More cigar rollers should give us a cap this nice to work with.

Light and draw -10/10- Easy draw, perfect. The light went well and teh burn was razor sharp the whole smoke, never even hinted at getting out of line. Produced a smoke amount of 7 on a 10. Plenty to play with but not obnoxious. Some sticks actually produce to much for indoor smoking.

The taste - 8/10 - Can't tell you the flavors, just a nice corojo stick if you like them. It was though absolutly smooth, not one hint of harshness. Easy to pass through the nose. Not mild, closer to a med but not a hint of tobacco harshness. A bit one deminsional but in this smaller size, it didn't get boring. I think any bigger and it would not have been as good a smoke.

I definitly recommend if you passing through the B&M and you see them

Coz77 10-15-2008 06:39 AM

Re: Grand Habano Corojo #5

Nice review...one of my favs Volt!

BeachBonsai 10-21-2009 09:31 AM

Volt

How would you rate the strength of this cigar?
I have smoked a number of these, I like corojo but this seems too mild.
Is is smooth to the nub thought.

OHRD 10-21-2009 09:38 AM

I'll have to check these out, thanks for the review!

njstone 10-21-2009 09:43 AM

Nice review! I agree, that for a nice corojo flavor, these are one of the better deals in the buisness.

Steve 10-21-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz77 (Post 4167)
Nice review...one of my favs Volt!

x2

RIsmoker 10-21-2009 09:52 AM

Has anyone here had the Gran Habano Cabinet Selection?

CigarNut 10-21-2009 10:27 AM

I love these cigars -- in my top 3. They are flavorful, have character, and are very well constructed!.

Thanks for a great review!

G G 10-21-2009 10:33 AM

Great review.

RevSmoke 10-21-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt (Post 4165)
The Grand Habano Corojo #5... Very nice smoke, I really wish I had banded who gave it to me.

The cut - 10/10 - One of the best caps I have ever seen. Huge, I was able to cut the stick perfectly with the Palio. More cigar rollers should give us a cap this nice to work with.

Light and draw -10/10- Easy draw, perfect. The light went well and teh burn was razor sharp the whole smoke, never even hinted at getting out of line. Produced a smoke amount of 7 on a 10. Plenty to play with but not obnoxious. Some sticks actually produce to much for indoor smoking.

The taste - 8/10 - Can't tell you the flavors, just a nice corojo stick if you like them. It was though absolutly smooth, not one hint of harshness. Easy to pass through the nose. Not mild, closer to a med but not a hint of tobacco harshness. A bit one deminsional but in this smaller size, it didn't get boring. I think any bigger and it would not have been as good a smoke.

I definitly recommend if you passing through the B&M and you see them

I believe I had sent you one of these a while back, but it was a 6X54 stick, but you state this is a smaller size. I love the Toro Grande size, but haven't had any of the other sizes. Didn't know they had a smaller one. Will have to look around.

Scottw 10-21-2009 11:30 AM

I enjoyed this one myself, I want to try the 2002 Vintage that's on the cover of the CI catalogue.

kelmac07 10-21-2009 03:09 PM

Nice review Mike!!

Volt 10-21-2009 03:55 PM

Tks, I was wondering who had resurected this old review. It is still one of my more favorite smokes. I know what I am going to get from it 100% of the time.