Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Avanti owners who bought my Trays/Shelves (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27857)

ChasDen 01-28-2010 02:27 PM

Avanti owners who bought my Trays/Shelves

If you own an Avanti 28 bottle unit and have bought either shelves or trays from me in the past and have received them, could you please either reply here or with a PM and let me know if you ordered a standard EdgeStar Tray/Shelf or was it a special order. In my paperwork I have not been keeping track of what model the special orders were going in. I am getting more and more questions about this model and need to confirm if the standard EdgeStar units fit without modification. I have an idea they fit but just want confirmation from someone who has ordered them that way.

Thanks in advance,
Chas

If this is the wrong place for this please feel free to move,
I did not know where else to put it.

twenty5 01-28-2010 02:34 PM

Re: Avanti owners who bought my Trays/Shelves

I have an Avanti but my trays arent here yet, send them to me and I will let you know :)

ChasDen 01-28-2010 02:50 PM

That helps, you are listed as an EdgeStar and I think we confirmed all the sizes so I am almost sure they fit without modification. I also think I had one last round that did not tell me they were for an Avanti and just ordered the EdgeStar and told me latter they fit fine.

Thanks,
Chas

SmokeyJoe 01-28-2010 09:24 PM

Bump - I have a vested interest in seeing this answered. :D

punklife505 02-15-2010 12:49 PM

Bump for an answer

twenty5 02-15-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punklife505 (Post 760020)
Bump for an answer

I will let everyone know as soon as mine come in ;)

reggiebuckeye 02-22-2010 03:13 PM

I have an Avanti, and my shelfs fit perfectly.
:banger

Vegan702 02-22-2010 04:42 PM

There are differences between the new 28 bottle and older 28 bottle Avantis.

bonjing 02-22-2010 05:05 PM

Anyone with one of the newer style Avanti model SWC2800M-1, like the ones from the recent Target sale and are interested in getting Chuck's drawers, could you confirm my dimensions? Here is what I have measuring the racks:

Width (L-R): 13 7/8"
Depth (F-B): 11 7/8"
Height : 3 3/8" (measured from bottom of one slot to the bottom of slot above)

ChasDen 02-22-2010 06:30 PM

So far I have found 3 different sizes for these units :bh

The biggest difference so far is the thickness of the slots.

Some are really narrow, others are like the edgestar and vinotemp.

As a rule, I ask if you are buying trays for these units, confirm the measurements. So far most are close enough to the edgestar to fit without modification. If ordering the stained units, the tab that goes into the slot is thin and fits fine. If ordering the exotic wood or all cedar trays, the tab needs to be modified (Cut thinner). Also a standard slotted shelf may not slide in and out easily and may need modified.

If you have questions on how to measure your units I have a web-page ( HERE ) set up with photos explaining how to obtain the proper measurements.

Chas