Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Foghat - and then there was 1. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=73764)

icehog3 02-11-2018 09:56 AM

Foghat - and then there was 1.

I was watching some old videos on YouTube, and happened on Foghat's website. I saw that original bassist Craig Macgregor died on Friday, joining Lonesome Dave Peverett (singer) and Rod Price (lead guitar) in Heaven. They were my very first rock concert in 1978, and Macgregor made quite the impression on a 15 year old rock fan.

R.I.P., Craig, have a good jam with Dave and Rod.

CigarNut 02-11-2018 10:44 AM

Re: Foghat - and then there was 1.

May He Rest In Peace.

dijit 02-11-2018 11:56 AM

That was my first concert too! travelling with BOC in Indy. Shame to hear! RIP

Porch Dweller 02-11-2018 02:31 PM

RIP. Lots of my favorite 70s bands are no more.

CigarNut 02-11-2018 04:36 PM

An interesting aside: Foghat is going to be in concert in the spring at Epcot. I’m gong to try to get tickets!

AdamJoshua 02-11-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2144305)
An interesting aside: Foghat is going to be in concert in the spring at Epcot. I’m gong to try to get tickets!

Well ya, but not at Epcot. -(P

CigarNut 02-11-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2144308)
Well ya, but not at Epcot. -(P

Yep. At Epcot. April 6 & 7.

hotreds 02-11-2018 07:12 PM

I guess we don't realize that these icons of our youth are not immortal! Kinda slaps you in the face when you realize these guys weren't that much older than you! Glad I decided to see as many of my fav bands from the 70s and 80s as possible before they are all gone!

icehog3 02-12-2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2144305)

Roger Earl (drummer) is the only original member left. :(

CigarNut 02-12-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2144333)
Roger Earl (drummer) is the only original member left. :(

Right — kinda makes me wonder what kind of show “they” can put on and how it will sound. Concert is free, so I may check it out if I can.

dave 02-12-2018 01:36 PM

Wow...I also saw them in '78....not my first concert, but in my first dozen or so. Wet Willie and Starz were on the undercard. As great as they were, I might have been as impressed with Starz. IIRC, Foghat was debuting a couple Stone Blue tracks. May not have been their biggest hit, but I do remember being blown away by Drivin Wheel.

RIP

icehog3 02-12-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 2144341)
Right — kinda makes me wonder what kind of show “they” can put on and how it will sound. Concert is free, so I may check it out if I can.

Like a 70's cover band with a professional drummer. 'cause that's what they are. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave (Post 2144366)
Wow...I also saw them in '78....not my first concert, but in my first dozen or so. Wet Willie and Starz were on the undercard. As great as they were, I might have been as impressed with Starz. IIRC, Foghat was debuting a couple Stone Blue tracks. May not have been their biggest hit, but I do remember being blown away by Drivin Wheel.

RIP

My first "rock" concert, I grew up a Motown baby, Dave. Driving Wheel is my favorite Foghat song too, Rod's slide on that one is just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQhoNW6PXk

No chance I was impressed by the warm up band at the show I attended. The Hounds. Man, did they suck the big one. :lr