Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Got kicked out of a bar.... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64566)

shark 12-14-2013 06:08 AM

Got kicked out of a bar....

...and I wasn't even causing trouble or anything. Sure I was drunk, but I'm not the type who gets into fights when I go out to the bars. All I was doing was sitting there belly up to the bar and occasionally making small talk with the waitresses and bartender, when some guy came up to me and told me that I had to go. So, I get the bum rush out of the place. Whatever! It's HIGHLY unlikely that I'll ever give that place anymore of my business.

ky70 12-14-2013 06:44 AM

Re: Got kicked out of a bar....

Is it possible you said something out of line to the waitresses or bartender (that you do not remember saying) that saying that got you the boot?

Does this place have a history of putting folks out without just cause? If no, you should consider what you may have said that led to your extraction.

shark 12-14-2013 07:04 AM

Probably. Hell, you sound like a lawyer. LMAO!!! But you should have seen them...they were really nice! lol! I just threw that out there because it's been a LOOONNGGGG time since I've been even "cut off" at a bar, let alone kicked out. I used to be a hellraiser back when I was a young buck, but that was around 20 or so years ago...

Remo 12-14-2013 08:12 AM

As Ron White would say

"I wasn't drunk in public, I was drunk in the bar, they threw me into public" :lr

Subvet642 12-14-2013 08:55 AM

For me, getting dragged out of a bar usually means I've had a pretty good night.:r

mosesbotbol 12-14-2013 09:11 AM

Who knows? You may've said something very slight and had no idea you said it, combined with looking drunk; they can't afford to take any risk. If no one got hurt; move on.

Elys has told me about something I did/said while drunk and I had no idea even though to me I feel like I remembered every second of the night.

The Poet 12-14-2013 09:15 AM

I quit hanging out in bars decades ago. But if I recall, if you weren't at risk of getting the boot, you weren't doing it right.

hotreds 12-14-2013 10:17 AM

Who was the "some guy?"

icehog3 12-14-2013 10:46 AM

Did they offer or make sure you had a lift home? I'd be worried about Dram Shop lawsuits if you got wasted on my liquor and I gave you the boot without inquring about transportation at the very least.

markem 12-14-2013 11:47 AM

Did you call them to ask why? They probably would like your future business, so if you tell them that you are genuinely confused as to why it was done, they will probably make an effort to figure it out. As Tom pointed out, a bar knowingly pushing someone drunk out on to the street can be very bad for the person as well as the business.

shark 12-14-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1909518)
Did they offer or make sure you had a lift home? I'd be worried about Dram Shop lawsuits if you got wasted on my liquor and I gave you the boot without inquring about transportation at the very least.

Oh yeah they called a cab and got me home, but the logistics of going to get my car today was a PITA, with the nice snowfall today and all... :r But, thinking about it yeah they have to cover their derrieres as far as legal liability is concerned. What's even funnier is that this was a work related function, where the bosses decide to have a night out to the bar before Christmas. Bunch of lightweights anymore. They were only there for maybe two hours, and everyone from work was gone...back in the day (say the 1990's) it would have been an all night thing ending at some tittie bar somewhere in Detroit, along Eight Mile...

Robulous78 12-14-2013 02:12 PM

This thread makes me smile... :lr

... Glad I'm not the only one that has been there, done that... :D

shilala 12-14-2013 02:26 PM

You probably offended the stripper. It happens.

Remo 12-14-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1909611)
You probably offended the stripper. It happens.

Ya, gotta use bills, not change!!! :sl booted every time :r

icehog3 12-14-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shark (Post 1909540)
ending at some tittie bar somewhere in Detroit, along Eight Mile...

My old stompin' grounds! :wo :lr

Veatorious 12-14-2013 09:14 PM

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ebf4a1e.jpg

Remo 12-14-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1909661)
My old stompin' grounds! :wo :lr

Ahhhh, good old South Detroit....streetlight people annoy me though!!

ChicagoWhiteSox 12-15-2013 12:42 AM

"good" old south detroit??

kansashat 12-15-2013 01:23 AM

Tip big. It makes em a LOT more tolerant.

ChicagoWhiteSox 12-15-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansashat (Post 1909805)
Tip big. It makes em a LOT more tolerant.

:r