Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Thank you (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70631)

AdamJoshua 11-24-2015 05:36 PM

Thank you

I'd just like to take a second to thank Peter and Tom, to thank Dave, Julian, James, to thank Gerry, Dave and Mo as well as Frank and Týr.

I have seen many cigar boards out there but none of them were as comfortable to me as the Cigar Asylum.

The Asylum fits me like a glove, I have made many many friends here, I have met dozens of people from around the country, hell around the world because of this board, friendships that I'm sure will last a lifetime, I have learned more about cigars here that even I can believe and that's only scratching the surface, looking at other sites you find that real information is scarce, most of the time what you find are fishers, beggars, people trying to one up each other and drama, things you don't find here and good riddance.

I'd just like to thank not only those people above but all of you that are here, that make this place more than just a cigar board, people here supply such a wealth of information, always willing to answer questions and help out, and are not only some of the most generous people I have ever met, it's a community of people that actually give a damn about each other.

I think we all take Peter and Tom for granted at times, it's easy to do to be honest, but when you really think about it this is a two man operation for the most part and the fact that we can take them for granted is actually proof at what a great job they do keeping our community up and running and drama free.

So thank you Tom and Peter and I'd like to thank all of the other inmates here, for your humor, wisdom. generosity caring and compassion. My life has been made better by the Cigar Asylum and that's no joke.

Oh and Scott take your pills!

Remo 11-24-2015 06:55 PM

Re: Thank you

Wow, you are a girl :r

I kid, I love this place and you nailed it bro :tu

Stevez 11-24-2015 06:57 PM

Here, here. This is my go to place for cigars and I love it. I have learned about many things here in addition to cigars; learned how to roast coffee, received great advice on where to go while travelling, technology advice and many other educational pursuits. Nice message.

G G 11-24-2015 07:06 PM

:tu

icehog3 11-24-2015 07:15 PM

I can probably speak for Peter too when I say 99% of the time it's a labor of love, Adam. I count you among the scores of lifelong friends I have made here too.

I like the way Dave K. said it best, we provide the canvas, y'all pain the picture. OK, Dave would never say "y'all", but that's the way I heard it. :D

icehog3 11-24-2015 07:15 PM

P.S....don't forget Kelly. ;)

markem 11-24-2015 07:18 PM

Like most toes, we don't spend a lot of time thinking about how critical they are to moving forward, but the ToE is da bomb!

pnoon 11-24-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2063007)
I'd just like to take a second to thank Peter and Tom, to thank Dave, Julian, James, to thank Gerry, Dave and Mo as well as Frank and Týr.

I have seen many cigar boards out there but none of them were as comfortable to me as the Cigar Asylum.

The Asylum fits me like a glove, I have made many many friends here, I have met dozens of people from around the country, hell around the world because of this board, friendships that I'm sure will last a lifetime, I have learned more about cigars here that even I can believe and that's only scratching the surface, looking at other sites you find that real information is scarce, most of the time what you find are fishers, beggars, people trying to one up each other and drama, things you don't find here and good riddance.

I'd just like to thank not only those people above but all of you that are here, that make this place more than just a cigar board, people here supply such a wealth of information, always willing to answer questions and help out, and are not only some of the most generous people I have ever met, it's a community of people that actually give a damn about each other.

I think we all take Peter and Tom for granted at times, it's easy to do to be honest, but when you really think about it this is a two man operation for the most part and the fact that we can take them for granted is actually proof at what a great job they do keeping our community up and running and drama free.

So thank you Tom and Peter and I'd like to thank all of the other inmates here, for your humor, wisdom. generosity caring and compassion. My life has been made better by the Cigar Asylum and that's no joke.

Oh and Scott take your pills!

Thanks, Adam. It means a lot to hear you (or anyone else) say what you did.
Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2063023)
I can probably speak for Peter too when I say 99% of the time it's a labor of love, Adam. I count you among the scores of lifelong friends I have made here too.

I like the way Dave K. said it best, we provide the canvas, y'all pain the picture. OK, Dave would never say "y'all", but that's the way I heard it. :D

You're right, Tom.
Back in 2005, I cut my teeth on Club Stogie. As a noob, I was treated wonderfully by the FOGs. Becoming a moderator there and ultimately one of the ToE here is my way of giving back to the cigar community. By providing the "canvas", others can reap the rewards I have enjoyed over the last 10 years.

CigarNut 11-24-2015 08:49 PM

Thanks to all the ToEs!

E.J. 11-24-2015 09:30 PM

Always nice to recognize those that make this possible....

Thanks, ToE! Well said, Adam.

longknocker 11-25-2015 03:33 AM

Thanks, TOE, & Thanks, Adam, For Bringing This Up!:D:tu

nutcracker 11-25-2015 04:42 AM

I do confess and checking out other online forums (fora?) - including a Canadian one.
I always come back to the asylum
We are for the most part free of a-holes, and a friendly generous bunch.

This is the place I call home on the cigar web. Y'all make that happen.

drjammer 11-25-2015 08:32 AM

Here here :tu and thanks to the Team of 11 :)

Dave128 11-25-2015 09:14 AM

Thank you, ToE, for all that you do to make this a fun and informative place to hang out.

jjirons69 11-25-2015 09:26 AM

:tu

That Adam is great at reviews!

AdamJoshua 11-25-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2063024)
P.S....don't forget Kelly. ;)

I blame you, I copied your sig line and then added you and Peter, but I screwed up because of *mumbles something* so clearly it's your fault.

First time I met Kelly was at SoCal three years ago, I only knew a few guys there and was a bit shell shocked and unsure since I was so new, Kelly sat down next to me and just started talking to me, talked for about 20 minutes till he had to get up and mingle. He made me feel right at home, such a great guy.

icehog3 11-25-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2063126)

First time I met Kelly was at SoCal three years ago, I only knew a few guys there and was a bit shell shocked and unsure since I was so new, Kelly sat down next to me and just started talking to me, talked for about 20 minutes till he had to get up and mingle. He made me feel right at home, such a great guy.

That's a fact, Jack. :D

AdamJoshua 11-25-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2063133)
That's a fact, Jack. :D

You can't go wrong with Joker from Westminster!

shilala 11-25-2015 03:41 PM

Check.
Pills in.
Peter, tell Adam to stop touching me.

pnoon 11-25-2015 03:43 PM

Adam, stop touching Scott.

Don't make me stop this car. :sl