Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Stevens Point, Wisconsin? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=59456)

Col. Kurtz 11-29-2012 05:31 AM

Stevens Point, Wisconsin?

I have a business trip planned in Mid-February. Any local b&m's to check out? Google doesn't have much help. I'll be limited to a taxi, so I'd like to stay close to town.

I'm guessing February in central Wisconsin will limit outdoor smoking. :)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

ysr_racer 11-29-2012 06:01 PM

Re: Stevens Point, Wisconsin?

When I was a kid, Point Beer was the hot ticket.

Back then you could only buy it in bottles if you had a Wisc drives license because they needed them back :)

If they're still selling it, give it a try.

Col. Kurtz 12-03-2012 10:08 AM

Thanks for the tip
Posted via Mobile Device

Col. Kurtz 12-27-2012 01:47 PM

If there aren't any smoke shops; what is the smoking situation in restaurants or bars up there?

14holestogie 12-27-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz (Post 1771722)
If there aren't any smoke shops; what is the smoking situation in restaurants or bars up there?

Wisconsin is smoke-free, Jerry. A few bars set up outdoor smoking, but that's not real comfortable this time of year.

RevSmoke 12-27-2012 01:55 PM

Jerry, I am sorry to say that the smoking situation up in Stevens Point is very, very limited. I have a buddy/pastor who also smokes and lives in the Point area, so I have a shout out to him to see if he knows something other than what I know.

1) Wisconsin is smoke free in all "public establishments" (sic).
2) Smoke shops in Point are predominantly head shops, although there might be a couple cigars and/or some pipe tobacco in any one of them.
3) I do not know of any place that was grand-fathered in as a smoking establishment in #1.

I will look into this further and get back to you.

I am a little over an hour away, depending on when you will be in Point, I might be able to break free so we could hook up for a meal - and possibly a herf, depending on what I find out.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

CoreyD 12-28-2012 09:03 PM

Jerry I live in appleton and it has a great B & m and is an hour a way, however in point that don't help you. I have been working for the hospital in point since summer and Have been smoking outside. When I come up to point to work now since its winte,I stay at a hotel for the 3-4 days.
There is 2 cigar shops in point 1 is a tobacco outlet in plover that does not allow smoking because tobacco is not over 70% of their sales but they have a semi decent collection and alright prices.

Then theres stogies downtown where you can smoke cigars and pipe inside since tobacco and related materials is their main income however its a stand and chat place, small, no cigar inventory worth braging about and is pretty much a head shop. No liquir licsense either. I have gone and chatted there just to enjoy a cigar with someone other than smoking a stogie by myself in my truck. their hours are only open till 5 or 6 I think more 6pm. 1 of the shop workers mentioned theres a cigar shop out in the boonies within 20 miles from here that is a sit and smoke and has a liquir license but did not know where it was or name and I heard nothin from anyone else.If your here during week I could not promise I have time to meet you since jan 14th I start a new position in Oshkosh 8- 430 mon-fri but could be a chance that I could zip on up but it'd be smokin in the truck.

Col. Kurtz 01-01-2013 12:39 PM

Plans are to be there Feb 11-15th.

Situation sounds about the same as here, but a least I can brave the outdoors 11 mos. out of the year (July being the exception) :D.

Point sounds like it is out in the middle of nowhere, and it's no big loss if I can't grab a smoke while I'm there. I'd just hate to miss out on a Smoke Inn and not know it.

Todd thanks for your inquiries. If you are free and near Point those days let me know. Though it would seem an inconvenience and I understand that. Corey, thanks for the advice as well friend.

Col. Kurtz 02-16-2013 01:45 PM

I came, I saw, I almost froze my huevos off. Very nice people, very quiet and conservative. Probably the quietest college town I have visited.

Talked the Hilltop into doing a Walleye fish fry special for our group on a Tuesday. Got to try fried cheese curds, Point beer and more than one Old Fashioned.

Can't wait to go back when I can see the ground.

The Poet 02-16-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz (Post 1796093)
Can't wait to go back when I can see the ground.

Yeah, my first winter up here in Joisey we didn't see the backyard from November until May. Quite a change for this Southern boy. :r

Make it home safely, Jerry, and Go To Hell State! ;)

Col. Kurtz 02-17-2013 11:47 AM

Get home to find snow. Ugh!