Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Liga privada #9 Coronet (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74384)

Cigar_Noob 08-06-2018 10:29 AM

Liga privada #9 Coronet

Just wondering if anyone has tried the #9 cigarillos that drew estate came out with? $25 for a 10 pack so that is almost $3 per cigarillo, hoping that means that quality is going to be good. Supposedly my order is coming in the mail today so I'll let you all know what I think later.

Chainsaw13 08-06-2018 10:47 AM

Re: Liga privada #9 Coronet

Definitely interested myself, but haven't picked up any yet.

Cigar_Noob 08-06-2018 12:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got em, but won't be smoking until later tonight. Smells a little floral, heck almost like fresh tea. Smelling the foot though I almost get a hint of cocoa.

Cigar_Noob 08-07-2018 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm not any cigar review buff so I'll keep this pretty simple. The cigar before lighting smells almost like fresh tea, and the foot gives off a light smell of cocoa. I personally tasted a lot of cocoa and coffee while I was smoking it, with strong (for me) pepper on the retrohale. Only thing I didn't enjoy is that the final third eventually just ended up tasting like ash, and finished sort of unpleasant for me. Would still buy again tho.

Edit: Forgot to mention that for a tiny smoke she really gave off a voluminous amount of smoke.

The camaro show 12-19-2018 01:36 PM

What’s the smoke time of these

icehog3 12-19-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The camaro show (Post 2165542)
What’s the smoke time of these

Totally dependent on whether you're a fast smoker, a slow smoker, a somewhere in between smoker. There is no standard smoking time for it.

RevSmoke 12-19-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigar_Noob (Post 2157831)
So I'm not any cigar review buff so I'll keep this pretty simple. The cigar before lighting smells almost like fresh tea, and the foot gives off a light smell of cocoa. I personally tasted a lot of cocoa and coffee while I was smoking it, with strong (for me) pepper on the retrohale. Only thing I didn't enjoy is that the final third eventually just ended up tasting like ash, and finished sort of unpleasant for me. Would still buy again tho.

Edit: Forgot to mention that for a tiny smoke she really gave off a voluminous amount of smoke.

Try to purge one next time! A purge will allow the tars that build up to be burnt off and some of the flavors to flow through. I do a purge sometimes "just because", and the flavor then become astounding.

If you are not familiar with what a purge is, it is simply blowing through the cigar (fairly firmly) and letting it be for about a minute.

Just my :2.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Subvet642 12-20-2018 11:35 PM

I've had some of these, they're pretty good. I have a tin of the T-52's I'm gonna break into soon enough.

Brlesq 12-21-2018 08:54 AM

I didn't care for these. Lots of smoke, but too ashy and harsh in flavor. I'll stick to the bigger ring gauges.