Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Fringe (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8997)

white_s2k 01-27-2009 07:21 PM

Fringe

Anyone been watching this show on Fox? One of the best shows I've seen in awhile, quite refreshing from the usual crap that is on TV. Dr. Bishop is one of the most unique characters I've seen on TV in years.

Walter: "Do you have any cocaine?"
Peter: "No!"
Dr. Bishop: "Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then."

:r :r :r

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fr...stersCP012.jpg

piperman 01-27-2009 07:27 PM

Re: Fringe

I TRIED to not watch this for some reason, why I don't know, but this damn show is awesome. And your right that crazy dude is a great actor, hell he might be running around in here. Watch it every week.

Godofgravity 01-27-2009 08:02 PM

I really enjoyed this show when it first started, but by the 4th ep or so I lost interest. The concept is good, and Walter is the best part of the show and a great character. But, after a couple episodes it became less "haha, guy stuck in an institution for years makes some off the wall comment" and more "oh, here comes Walter's line this episode."

Like I said I liked the concept but the acting just didn't live up to it for me. It went from something to I wanted to watch every week to something I'd stop on if flipping through but not make a point to watch. Overall not bad, but not great, just my :2

King James 01-27-2009 08:05 PM

watched my first episode last week and really liked it.... will have to see them all now, damnit! :)

ChINaMaN1472 01-28-2009 12:18 AM

Another formulaic show, but very entertaining. One of the few shows I watch week to week rather than waiting for the whole season. The acting wasn't that great at the beginning, but it began to pick up after the few episodes.

white_s2k 03-10-2009 07:16 PM

I hate American Idol..

Kreth 09-17-2009 04:35 PM

Thought I'd bump this back up with the new season starting tonight...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr B 09-17-2009 04:39 PM

Awesome show. I cant wait for it each week. Similar realm as X-Files but different. I dont find the acting sub-par at all. My :2

King James 09-17-2009 09:03 PM

the one tonight didn't record for me :( Will have to watch on hulu tomorrow

Kreth 09-17-2009 09:43 PM

Well, I won't drop any spoilers then. The first ep was interesting. I'm looking forward to this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Waynegro1 09-17-2009 09:45 PM

Isn't it made by the same company or writers as the show "LOST"? I like the show a lot. Didn't know the new season started tonight though. :mad:

Kreth 09-17-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waynegro1 (Post 555818)
Didn't know the new season started tonight though. :mad:

Well, you've probably had other things on your mind. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

The Poet 09-18-2009 03:50 PM

I watch this, and enjoy it. To me, it's not as lost as "Lost" is. Fringe is weird for a reason, although I haven't figured out what that reason might be. Lost was just weird to be weird - who knew WTF was going on there? Hey, even the actors didn't understand it.

timo 09-21-2009 04:47 PM

Love it :)

coastietech 09-21-2009 04:49 PM

Great show.. This along with House, Chuck, The Office and Heroes are my favorite shows. :tu

Kreth 09-21-2009 05:14 PM

So apparently the big plotline, at least for for the start of the season, will be what happened to Dunham in the alternate universe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Darrell 12-28-2009 10:30 PM

I am working my way through Season 1 of Fringe.

So far I think it's a decent show, but the episodes have been kind of redundant.

Something weird happens, Walter Bishop pulls some crazy experiment out of his ass and saves the day.

Does the story ever deviate from this? :ss

JaKaacH 01-11-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell (Post 697880)
I am working my way through Season 1 of Fringe.

So far I think it's a decent show, but the episodes have been kind of redundant.

Something weird happens, Walter Bishop pulls some crazy experiment out of his ass and saves the day.

Does the story ever deviate from this? :ss

You must be watching a different show...I've never seen Walter's ass, therefore never seen anything pulled out of said ass...

Kreth 01-14-2010 07:47 PM

Apparently, Walter was friends with Arthur C. Clarke...
Posted via Mobile Device

muhren 01-15-2010 06:53 AM

Did anyone else think is CRAZY that 'chuck' (the agent who was killed) was back last week?! The DVR recorded it, but was it supposed to be a pilot or what? That agent is dead!