Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Great customer service (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49540)

Ogre 09-26-2011 11:34 AM

Great customer service

I placed an order with Ol'Times Cigars that I am going to pick up tomorrow in their Clermont store. Here is where the customer service comes in. Jonathan (who is a member here) did not have the cigars at the Clermont store, he was gracious enough to sell me a few hard to find cigars and send them to the other store so I could pick them up. He also helped me when I won his site auction on saturday. I went to the website to pay for them and I managed to delete them out of my cart. I called Jonathan and he handled the situation in a vary professional manner. I think some of the bigger venders could learn a lesson or two from this business. Thanks for your help Jonathan.

Mattso3000 09-26-2011 11:40 AM

Re: Great customer service

Nice, just got my SS maddy and 858 sampler from him.

emopunker2004 09-26-2011 11:47 AM

:tu

irratebass 09-26-2011 12:07 PM

Way to give props where props is due Larry. Glad to hear this about Ol'Times Cigars. :tu

kelmac07 09-26-2011 05:50 PM

:tu :tu

deadrise 09-26-2011 05:58 PM

sounds great I might have to get me some of those ss madies

Ogre 09-26-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadrise (Post 1421548)
sounds great I might have to get me some of those ss madies

Get'em while you can. They won't be around long!!!

MurphysLaw 09-26-2011 06:12 PM

Nice to hear about good experiences every once in a while, just bookmarked their site for future use :tu

KidRock 09-26-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurphysLaw (Post 1421570)
Nice to hear about good experiences every once in a while, just bookmarked their site for future use :tu

agreed! did the same! customer service is a lost art.

E.J. 09-26-2011 06:26 PM

I love hearing about good CS.... Props to OTC

floydpink 09-26-2011 08:22 PM

I've been treated exceptionally well from Ol Times since they had a little shop in the mall near my house.

treated so well that they would call me when Opus X came in and never charged me more than msrp and overlooked the 2 stick per person limit as I was a steady customer. (walked out with quite a few handfulls of Anejos as well)

Since they've moved to a free standing store in Clermont, there kindness has grown to examples like Larry's and for me, a place out in lake County where I ride that offers a great selection, a comfy couch, free beer, great conversation and a standing offer to store my sticks for free.

After a stop for BBQ at my favorite place up the road, a stop in to Ol Times caps off a great day off and a scenic ride for me on many occasions.

One of a kind from my experience.

Ironically enough, Corona Cigar's very first location was the strip mall a mile from my house when Jeff was just starting.
They've grown large, triple msrp for Opus, and may offer a much larger selection, but can't hold a candle to the service and customer service of Ol Times.

Ask Corona to store your cigars and they'll have you fill out a form for a locker giving permission to inspect your $300 a year locker for cigars that shouldn't be there.

Moose6026 09-26-2011 08:33 PM

Great to here. Customer service sells. The older I get the more important I see that customer service is.