Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Good natural flame lighter? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64043)

Dude Here 11-09-2013 09:47 AM

Good natural flame lighter?

With the temperatures outside dropping, I've recently moved my smoking spot to the garage (wife actually blessed off on that) to keep out of the cold and wind. As such, I no longer need a triple torch to get my smokes nice and toasted since there's no wind to contend with. I've been looking into possibly getting a new natural flame lighter to replace the POS Zippo stick I've got now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, have a great day!

CigarNut 11-09-2013 10:02 AM

Re: Good natural flame lighter?

Evertorch. Has both a soft flame and a single torch flame. Sold by a BOTL here on CA - replicant_argent (Pete). There happens to be one up for auction starting tomorrow :)

Dude Here 11-09-2013 10:04 AM

Nice, I will be looking out for that.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX 11-15-2013 12:10 PM

+1 to the EverTorch recommendation. I have been using mine as my primary lighter for the past 5 months and love it. My wife even uses it to light candles around the house :)

longknocker 11-15-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1897635)
Evertorch. Has both a soft flame and a single torch flame. Sold by a BOTL here on CA - replicant_argent (Pete). There happens to be one up for auction starting tomorrow :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX (Post 1899803)
+1 to the EverTorch recommendation. I have been using mine as my primary lighter for the past 5 months and love it. My wife even uses it to light candles around the house :)

Love Mine!:tu

chaase321 11-15-2013 01:05 PM

Just bought a Xikar EXII lighter, it is soft flame and gets pretty good reviews. I can let you know when I get it.

Dude Here 11-15-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaase321 (Post 1899817)
Just bought a Xikar EXII lighter, it is soft flame and gets pretty good reviews. I can let you know when I get it.

I've been eyeballing the EX II as well. The guy from Cigarobsession.com did a review of his and really liked it. Wife was asking me the other day what I wanted for Christmas and I think it's a toss up now between the EX II or The Burner table top.

chaase321 11-15-2013 01:34 PM

Well, if you are a Liga Privada guy, the Drew Estate online store is doing a 30% off promotion for Black Friday, but it is available now.

the promo code is: DEBF

Their #9 EXII Lighter is $99 regular, got it for $78 shipped.

Zane 11-15-2013 01:36 PM

I have the EX and the EX II.

Only difference is the neat logo on them.

I love both of mine.

Dude Here 11-15-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaase321 (Post 1899829)
Well, if you are a Liga Privada guy, the Drew Estate online store is doing a 30% off promotion for Black Friday, but it is available now.

Hmmmmm. Looks like Amazon has the gun metal one for $51 plus free shipping. That DE model is really nice but I don't think I'd want to spend the extra $30 or so for the Liga logo.

Thanks for the promo code though!

CEC_Tech 11-16-2013 02:13 PM

+1 on the Evertorch. I've had mine for two years now and it still works great. I always get looks of amazement when I use it in public. I've gotten a few "holy crap, that's cool" comments.

Lockspur 11-16-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaase321 (Post 1899829)

That's the one I've got. Love it.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/9...e23623f7_z.jpg
LFD TAA Double Box Press by lockspur74, on Flickr

chaase321 11-17-2013 08:52 AM

Nice! Can't wait till it gets here!

Smoqman 12-02-2013 08:31 AM

Looks like a great lighter, I'm going to get one now.

Dude Here 12-11-2013 09:12 PM

Bumping this old thread with an update.

Cigar monster had the AB Burner tabletop come up today for a few bucks less than anywhere else I've seen it, plus free shipping. Pulled the trigger and it's due to arrive next Tuesday.

I know it's not a natural flame, but I really liked that it's got a really wide adjustable torch flame. I'll post up a review after it arrives.

ky70 12-12-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude Here (Post 1908586)
Bumping this old thread with an update.

Cigar monster had the AB Burner tabletop come up today for a few bucks less than anywhere else I've seen it, plus free shipping. Pulled the trigger and it's due to arrive next Tuesday.

I know it's not a natural flame, but I really liked that it's got a really wide adjustable torch flame. I'll post up a review after it arrives.

Congrats! I may not technically be a natural flame but I would consider it a softer than normal flame when compared to traditional torch flames. Here's a pic of mine with the flame on max.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...C1FDC24433.jpg

Dude Here 12-12-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ky70 (Post 1908647)
Congrats! I may not technically be a natural flame but I would consider it a softer than normal flame when compared to traditional torch flames. Here's a pic of mine with the flame on max.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...C1FDC24433.jpg

Awesome picture! Thanks for that. See, I like how soft and wide the flame gets at the top, looks perfect for a good toasting.