Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Same Thread Different Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2808)

ahc4353 10-29-2008 07:21 AM

Same Thread Different Forum

Closing up a few loose ends on another forum and have come across some threads that members post both forums.

Just wondering how many guys do this?

Why am I wondering?

Just seems like a lot of work. I can barely keep up with one let alone two or three or more.

Clampdown 10-29-2008 07:21 AM

Re: Same Thread Different Forum

Reviews only,

G G 10-29-2008 07:23 AM

I haven't done the same post on the other site. I have posted since we have been here though. I am pretty much done there now though, doubt i'll even go there any more. All my cigar family is here.:)

SmokeyJoe 10-29-2008 07:26 AM

I have posted bombs I received on both sites... where the bomber is known in both places.

I definitely spend more time here, though.

dunng 10-29-2008 07:28 AM

I'm only here... :ss

icantbejon 10-29-2008 07:29 AM

I check out the other place from time to time, but I haven't really posted since CA started up. All the buddies I made there have all transitioned here so I see no reason to double tap.

Cigarmark 10-29-2008 07:30 AM

Having just finished an obligation(box pass) there, I doubt I will do more than the occasional lurk there. This is the new home!:D

zmancbr 10-29-2008 09:44 AM

I finished business on the other side of the fence and didn't look back... I still pop in to check it out once in awhile, but this place feels so much more home like!! :D

elderboy02 10-29-2008 10:27 AM

I post reviews on the other sites. I figure that people on all the different forums may benefit from them. I know I benefit from reviews when deciding what to try/buy.

Mr.Maduro 10-29-2008 10:40 AM

I brought most of my reviews over here, just in case something happens where I no longer have access over there.

kayaker 10-29-2008 10:58 AM

I said I would give the other place a fair try to see how the changes work out. Plus I'm involved in the NST, so I want to finish that up and maybe contribute as an FTG.

I was led to this site and I like it as well. It's hard being split between the two, but I'll try to keep it up for now.

:ih

Mugen910 10-29-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahc4353 (Post 40761)
Just seems like a lot of work. I can barely keep up with one let alone two or three or more.

They have pills for that now ya know!

elderboy02 10-29-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 41130)

:r Good one! :tu

Scottw 10-29-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe (Post 40770)
I have posted bombs I received on both sites... where the bomber is known in both places.

Same here on bombs and reviews only.

ahc4353 10-29-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 41130)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...3/highfive.gif

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...flSmileyLJ.gif

Skywalker 10-29-2008 11:45 AM

Post whoring is post whoring no matter where you are posting!!!

Seriously, I have decided not to double post as I think I need to hold my own no matter what site I visit.

Eventually I see myself here exclusively. Nothing against our former site but the noobs have taken over. At least here the insane run the asylum!!!:r

kaisersozei 10-29-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe (Post 40770)

:tpd: Would also do it for reviews.

Finishing up a few passes over there and I've thrown-in as a FTG for the NST, but those are strictly site-specific.

jjirons69 10-29-2008 07:53 PM

I still go back to our old home a lot. I've always had trouble letting go of old girlfriends, though. I took over the lottery and committed to it before CA, so I'm pretty involved over there still. I love it here, too, as all the friends I've interacted with at the other place have moved here. I've never been one to act hastily, so I plan on keeping a Mastercard and a Visa for the time being.

DMK 10-31-2008 03:24 PM

I'm mostly here, with two other boards I post on and I was still reading cs until all business was finished up.

AriesOpusX 10-31-2008 05:19 PM

This is the only place to be, I've logged into the other forum once or twice just being nosey.