Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alec Bradly SCR? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62195)

bstarrs 06-06-2013 12:15 PM

Alec Bradly SCR?

Anyone have experience with these? Atlantic has the robustos on for what seem like a great deal at 60 bucks for a bundle of 20. Would you guys say that's worth it?

Sweet_Leaf_PDX 06-06-2013 03:02 PM

Re: Alec Bradly SCR?

I smoked one of these last summer but have not had the chance to try another one. I remember enjoying it down to the nub. I had it in the mid afternoon and thought it was a good medium smoke. Really smooth, and it did have some nice flavors going on. Some sweetness, nuttiness and a woody/leather taste if I remember correctly.

I picked the one I tried up from a local B&M for a very reasonable price, so it would probably be worth it to just go smoke one, and see what you think before buying a box.

crgcpro 06-07-2013 06:10 AM

Haven't had one. Just make sure they didn't use the same "Fire-Proof" wrapper that they did on the Prensado before you buy a bundle of them.

bstarrs 06-07-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crgcpro (Post 1845013)
Haven't had one. Just make sure they didn't use the same "Fire-Proof" wrapper that they did on the Prensado before you buy a bundle of them.

Fire proof wrapper? For real?

irratebass 06-07-2013 08:37 AM

Braeden, pick em up....they no longer make these, so when they are gone they are gone.....wifey got me a box last year for my anniversary, they are smoking great now.

maninblack 06-07-2013 08:44 AM

I bought a bunch three years ago. Wasn't impressed. But maybe with some age they will be better.

crgcpro 06-07-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstarrs (Post 1845066)
Fire proof wrapper? For real?

The majority of all Prensados need at least 6 relights and they burn terribly.

It's almost as if they have a "Fire Proof Wrapper" LOL

bstarrs 06-07-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crgcpro (Post 1845140)

That's a little ridiculous, didn't one of hem win cigar of he year? Go Cigar Af, but they only smoke an inch so they probably didn't even have to relight it.

crgcpro 06-07-2013 02:20 PM

Yes it was Cigar of the Year at CA but you'll find a ton of reviews where guys just couldn't keep them lit and when they did, they tunneled badly.

I only smoked 4 or 5 of them but that was my experience with them all.

bstarrs 06-07-2013 06:48 PM

Sometimes I truly wonder if advertising money actually plays into the Top 25. It would be really sad if it did, but they make some weird choices and I cannot figure out any other way to explain them.

Dunkel 06-08-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crgcpro (Post 1845140)

Hmm Reminds me of the Pinar Del Rio Oscuro's back in the day. Prensado's are awful. If you can keep them lit they either have no taste or taste nasty.

bstarrs 06-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstarrs (Post 1845324)
Sometimes I truly wonder if advertising money actually plays into the Top 25. It would be really sad if it did, but they make some weird choices and I cannot figure out any other way to explain them.

So I am smoking my first AB, an American sungrown, and I have one of these "fireproof" wrappers. Every time I go to take a draw I have to touch up the wrapper. It will not burn evenly or hold a light. Terrible first time experience with this brand

bstarrs 06-15-2013 09:11 PM

I mean the burn is literally at a 45' angle, and that is when it's actually staying lit.

TheGiver 06-16-2013 12:41 AM

Good smoke. Buy'm

Porch Dweller 06-16-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstarrs (Post 1849381)
So I am smoking my first AB, an American sungrown, and I have one of these "fireproof" wrappers. Every time I go to take a draw I have to touch up the wrapper. It will not burn evenly or hold a light. Terrible first time experience with this brand

I got a five-pack of these about two months ago and have smoked three of them so far. I didn't have any wrapper issues at all. Maybe you got a bum one.

NCRadioMan 06-17-2013 03:38 PM

This cigar almost made me sick. It tasted like really bad Chinese food! :pu

FWIW, never had burn issues with the Prensado. They keep well at 60%.