Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Beer News (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=44216)

newcigarz 03-30-2011 08:01 AM

Beer News
 
Maybe we can use this thread to keep track of the goings on in the Beer world. Seems like everyday there is some tidbit of news that affects someone/somewhere who enjoys a cold one.



Great Divide Brewing Pulls Out of 4 States and 2 Regions:

Quote:

We are pulling out of MI, RI, DE and CT due to our exponentially increasing orders. Additionally, we are pulling out of DC and southern and central VA. While we are excited to see this massive growth, we simply do not have the production capability to keep up with these orders. We appreciate the loyalty that our customers have shared with us in these states and hope to be back in the future.

jmsremax 03-30-2011 08:07 AM

Re: Beer News
 
I like the idea and that sucks that GD is pulling products from those states. I hope they don't pull more states from New England because I absolutely LOVE Yeti! :dr

hammondc 03-30-2011 08:09 AM

Re: Beer News
 
One of my favorites.

awsmith4 03-30-2011 08:10 AM

Re: Beer News
 
I wonder if we are going to see more and more of this.

Some breweries seem to be handling it proactive though, like Cigar City. They have been approved for GA but are not going to ship until they can figure out demand issues in their current markets.

newcigarz 03-30-2011 08:13 AM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmith4 (Post 1221438)
I wonder if we are going to see more and more of this.

Some breweries seem to be handling it proactive though, like Cigar City. They have been approved for GA but are not going to ship until they can figure out demand issues in their current markets.

Yep, and some like GI turn to AB for help, for better or worse.

cobra03 03-30-2011 09:21 AM

Re: Beer News
 
It is definitly unusual to see a company pull out of an area because of to high a demand for product.

BigCat 03-30-2011 09:27 AM

Re: Beer News
 
They must not have gotten very far into Michigan. I've never seen it anywhere.

jmsremax 03-30-2011 09:33 AM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra03 (Post 1221538)
It is definitly unusual to see a company pull out of an area because of to high a demand for product.

My logic could be wrong, but the way I see it is this:
Would you rather ship low quantities to 10 states and have it move quickly thus creating inadequate supply for the quantity demanded or supply only 5 states with an adequate supply in order to satisfy demand. :2


Either way it's disappointing for those states that are longer receiving GD products.

**I was using arbitrary numbers just to make a case**

N2 GOLD 03-30-2011 10:23 AM

Re: Beer News
 
Sure, that works... :tu

cobra03 03-30-2011 11:04 AM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsremax (Post 1221557)
My logic could be wrong, but the way I see it is this:
Would you rather ship low quantities to 10 states and have it move quickly thus creating inadequate supply for the quantity demanded or supply only 5 states with an adequate supply in order to satisfy demand. :2


Either way it's disappointing for those states that are longer receiving GD products.

**I was using arbitrary numbers just to make a case**

I agree with you there. Its just pretty uncommon in todays day and age. Either companies are pulling out due to lack of business or they forgo quality to try and capitalize on that demand.

b0rderman 03-30-2011 12:43 PM

Re: Beer News
 
I hope they can meet demand at the tap room 5 blocks away! :)

awsmith4 03-30-2011 01:05 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra03 (Post 1221653)
I agree with you there. Its just pretty uncommon in todays day and age. Either companies are pulling out due to lack of business or they forgo quality to try and capitalize on that demand.

It may unusual business wise, but with the craft beer market becoming more highly competitive it would be detrimental to their business to start producing a lower quality product. Customers are becoming more aware of what quality is and with user review sites ratings being posted as advertisement on shelves it is very important that the beers continue to deliver.

Salvelinus 03-30-2011 03:43 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Not so much new about beer, but a cool offer from a brewery...

Southern Tier is giving away a free blue spruce with every 422 six pack purchase on earth day. 422 is a great lawnmower beer, and I like trees. Too bad I don't live closer to the brewery or I'd be knocking down an old fence and planting a row of blue spruces.

cobra03 03-30-2011 07:42 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvelinus (Post 1221911)
Not so much new about beer, but a cool offer from a brewery...

Southern Tier is giving away a free blue spruce with every 422 six pack purchase on earth day. 422 is a great lawnmower beer, and I like trees. Too bad I don't live closer to the brewery or I'd be knocking down an old fence and planting a row of blue spruces.

Hmmm if i owned a house or yard it might be worth the trip. i have been meaning to go anyway its only about 1 1/2 hrs away.

Bill86 03-30-2011 08:49 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Rumor has it Dogfish head is pulling out of 14 states? This is what they said at my liquor store. Including TN :td

awsmith4 03-30-2011 08:53 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill86 (Post 1222245)
Rumor has it Dogfish head is pulling out of 14 states? This is what they said at my liquor store. Including TN :td

Thats soooooooooo last month :p

That sucks that y'all lost DFH and Great Divide. Let me know if there is anything you are ever looking for (under 14% stupid GA) and I'll see what I can do.

jmsremax 03-30-2011 08:54 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill86 (Post 1222245)
Rumor has it Dogfish head is pulling out of 14 states? This is what they said at my liquor store. Including TN :td

Oh WTF! :su Is there a list of the states?

Stick 03-30-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsremax (Post 1222251)
Oh WTF! :su Is there a list of the states?

They are pulling distribution to four states and exports to the UK and Canada. The states are Tennessee, Rhode Island, Indiana, and Wisconsin. They also said they'd be limiting distribution of some of their beers, which I guess means the limited stuff will be more limited (geographically).

http://www.dogfish.com/community/blo...erstanding.htm

ODLS1 03-30-2011 09:27 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Speaking of DFH... Supposedly "Big Beer" killed the Brewmasters show threatening to pull ads.

http://www.boston.com/ae/specials/cu...overy_kil.html

Bill86 03-30-2011 09:34 PM

Re: Beer News
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awsmith4 (Post 1222248)
Thats soooooooooo last month :p

That sucks that y'all lost DFH and Great Divide. Let me know if there is anything you are ever looking for (under 14% stupid GA) and I'll see what I can do.

Well I'm out of the loop. Ouch 14% limited, no WWS for you guys :td No 120 minute either....brutal.

I never had Great Divide, I don't think it was ever here so no loss there for me. DFH is probably my favorite brewery so that sucks. The liquor store said they were saving their last DFH brews for the regulars (obviously this includes me). Everyone else gets the "we don't have anymore". I'm still sure they will be out in the next few months, hopefully if I have some extra $$$ I can snag a case.

Either way though very $hitty. Worst news I've heard in quite a bit.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.