Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tea Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   TEA: What are you Drinking? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60470)

Emjaysmash 01-31-2013 05:15 PM

TEA: What are you Drinking?

This thread is meant to share what tea you're drinking, be it Lipton to Pu'erh.

Tonight I am drinking Jasmine Pearls green tea from Adagio. Not bad, but I need more convincing to buy more.

What Tea are you drinking?

jjefrey 02-07-2013 01:15 PM

Re: TEA: What are you Drinking?

I'm drinking Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice.:dr

It's been the start of my day for the last couple weeks.

SeanGAR 02-07-2013 02:01 PM

Some mainland TGY brought over earlier in the year by a student. Doesn't taste like TGY Taiwanese style, I doubt it is even from the TGY bush - more like an AliShan oolong (chinshin bush) to my taste.

Emjaysmash 02-08-2013 06:09 AM

Drinking a cup of Adagio's Lounge Chair Lapsang. Not as smoky as I would prefer, but well balanced.

hotreds 02-08-2013 08:24 AM

Lipton decaf iced.

RobR1205 02-08-2013 09:50 AM

Arizona Green with Honey and Ginseng. I could I.V. this stuff to myself I love it so much.

Emjaysmash 02-10-2013 11:24 AM

Had a cup of Lounge Chair Lapsang, now working on a cuppa Jasmine Pearl green Tea.

the nub 02-10-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emjaysmash (Post 1793535)
Had a cup of Lounge Chair Lapsang, now working on a cuppa Jasmine Pearl green Tea.

so what's your verdict on the Jasmine Pearl? I was a big fan when I first started drinking it. Now, not so much. The perfumed taste is not something I'm fond of anymore. For a change of pace it's OK but I have to be in a certain mood for it. Sometimes I throw in a couple pearls and brew up a mix of utility teas just to give it a lift.

Emjaysmash 03-12-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the nub (Post 1793549)
so what's your verdict on the Jasmine Pearl? I was a big fan when I first started drinking it. Now, not so much. The perfumed taste is not something I'm fond of anymore. For a change of pace it's OK but I have to be in a certain mood for it. Sometimes I throw in a couple pearls and brew up a mix of utility teas just to give it a lift.

Sorry it's taken me forever to get back to you!

The perfume is a bit much for me. I can bear it once in a while, but those teabags will likely go a long while before I use them all.

I had Ginger Pu-erh tea the other day. That was interesting. I'm not a big fan of ginger, so I think it made the Pu-erh taste/smell funky.

Coach Deg 03-13-2013 03:39 AM

Teavana Winter berry spice. Just found this store a week ago their teas are really good.

macsauce13 03-13-2013 08:01 AM

I'm using Teavanna as well. Good stuff!

pektel 03-13-2013 08:08 AM

Some BOTL here (Emjaysmash himself - thanks again, brother!) bombed me a bag of Teavana China White Needle (I think that was the name of it) a while back. Now I need to go to their website and order a couple others. I really liked the change of pace from coffee.

Emjaysmash 03-13-2013 10:31 AM

Tazo Earl Grey this morning

Coach Deg 03-16-2013 07:50 AM

Teavana Maharaja Chai Oolong

Nathan 04-27-2013 10:32 AM

A milk oolong from Teasource. I tried it a couple times at work but the water wasn't hot enough, it's quite good with my electric kettle.

gjose 07-05-2013 08:17 AM

smokers don't drink a lot of tea? I may be an exception then? I prefer tea over milk and coffee though I hate the nasty stain it sometimes causes. Right now I am into chamomile tea. My girl says it helps cure insomnia.

4WheelVFR 07-17-2013 03:06 AM

Barry's Irish Tea. Great stuff.

Genetic Defect 07-17-2013 08:51 PM

twinings tea lapsang souchong

CigarInspector 09-21-2013 04:51 PM

Really enjoying "Gold Peak Iced Tea" which is easy to find in most every grocery store. "gjose" a good way to avoid staining your teeth with coffee and tea's is to drink them through a straw. You get used to it after awhile and it really does make a difference.

Generalissimo 09-25-2013 05:11 PM

I like tea. I have a mug of Tailors of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea here with me now.