Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Beautiful Riding (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13014)

Boss Hogg 03-30-2009 05:44 PM

Beautiful Riding

The weather is perfect out here in Temecula Ca. I took my Harley out for a good 2 hour cruise in wine country Temecula. The scenery was amazing. I don't think I've ever gone back there before. I need to stop in at those wineries to have a smoke and a glass. Any other riders out there in this good weather feel free to chime in? See you out there :tu

G G 03-30-2009 05:51 PM

Re: Beautiful Riding

It's been nice in Florida lately too. I have taken a few rides lately.:tu

We need to do a Ride to HERF someday.

Prospector 03-30-2009 05:58 PM

Nice in northern Arizona, too. At least it was before the winds came up this weekend. A few short rides around the locale recently were indeed sublime :tu
Never ridden in northern Cal - bet it's beautiful.

Boss Hogg 03-30-2009 06:55 PM

Outstanding. I think a herf ride would be super cool. Although I've never really been to a "real" one here yet. Maybe someday it will happen. Good to hear that you guys are out on the highway also. :tu

WildBlueSooner 03-30-2009 08:07 PM

Pretty nice here in Cajun country too!

Ratters 03-30-2009 09:06 PM

Had a nice if a bit breezy and cop ridden ride yesterday up to Lake Berryessa and back with some friends. But we kept it (mostly) mellow and had a great time.

bvilchez 03-30-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss Hogg (Post 311228)
The weather is perfect out here in Temecula Ca. I took my Harley out for a good 2 hour cruise in wine country Temecula. The scenery was amazing. I don't think I've ever gone back there before. I need to stop in at those wineries to have a smoke and a glass. Any other riders out there in this good weather feel free to chime in? See you out there :tu

TEMECULA!?!?!?! I'm moving out there in June. Beautiful place to ride for sure. We might have to organize an IE herf one day Boss Hogg.

Boss Hogg 03-31-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvilchez (Post 311673)
TEMECULA!?!?!?! I'm moving out there in June. Beautiful place to ride for sure. We might have to organize an IE herf one day Boss Hogg.

This will definitely have to be arranged :tu

Volt 03-31-2009 06:29 AM

For me anytime is a good time to ride (less ice). Although no cheaper than a shrink, riding is way more effective. I don't really prefer the 50 and 60s.... To cold to ride without gear but often to warm with it.

Boss Hogg 03-31-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt (Post 312025)
Although no cheaper than a shrink, riding is way more effective.

It definitely is relaxing. After a ride like yesterday.... I couldn't stop dreaming about it last night. These dreams were very therapeutic :D

Bruzee 03-31-2009 08:57 AM

The wife and I got out on the Road King for short 60 mile ride to dinner last night. Weather was beautiful, and we had a great time. :tu

Volt 03-31-2009 09:00 AM

Sunday I have a 400 mile ride planned - I'd prefer no rain, but it will be what ever it is....

Boss Hogg 03-31-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruzee (Post 312280)
The wife and I got out on the Road King for short 60 mile ride to dinner last night. Weather was beautiful, and we had a great time. :tu

The Road Kings are awesome. Glad you guys got to enjoy :tu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt (Post 312288)
Sunday I have a 400 mile ride planned - I'd prefer no rain, but it will be what ever it is....

Wow, are you going on a road trip? Bring some stogies for the ride :ss Let me know how your ride goes.

floydpink 03-31-2009 04:12 PM

gettin to be a bit warm in central Florida and it's been tank tops for me on rides.

Cigary 03-31-2009 04:19 PM

Being a San Dieg native I used to ride up that way and around Fallbrook,,,a great ride for sure. The wineries make it a nice break. Living part time in Atlanta the weather is almost here for some all day rides up into the Smokey Moutains,,,Blue Ridge Parkway is probably the best ride I have ever seen.

Volt 03-31-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss Hogg (Post 312358)
The Road Kings are awesome. Glad you guys got to enjoy :tu

Wow, are you going on a road trip? Bring some stogies for the ride :ss Let me know how your ride goes.

Not really a road trip - just a run for lunch and back (a little therapy). A couple of times I tried to smoke while riding... Alas, cigars just don't like all that wind. Shame cuz it would be a perfect time to enjoy one.

fxpose 03-31-2009 07:41 PM

The riding was awesome up the south grade and down into Lake Henshaw, and up Mesa Grande........
And of course, we stopped for some Julian apple pie. I've done that loop twice.......on my bicycle.

houdini 03-31-2009 07:43 PM

Not quite riding weather in NYC yet....but coming soon! Im rather jealous I must say...Sounds like you had a blast! :tu

Boss Hogg 03-31-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigary (Post 313061)
Being a San Dieg native I used to ride up that way and around Fallbrook,,,a great ride for sure. The wineries make it a nice break.

Hey what part of San Diego? I am a native of North County.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt (Post 313414)
A couple of times I tried to smoke while riding... Alas, cigars just don't like all that wind. Shame cuz it would be a perfect time to enjoy one.

If only we could mix the two. Hey a good idea would be ride your bike to a herf! The best of both worlds :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxpose (Post 313489)
The riding was awesome up the south grade and down into Lake Henshaw, and up Mesa Grande........
And of course, we stopped for some Julian apple pie. I've done that loop twice.......on my bicycle.

Its been a long long time since I've been up to Julian... I'll have to put it on the list. Was it as nice as I remember... wow many years ago.

Cigary 04-01-2009 04:22 PM

[quote=Boss Hogg;313613]Hey what part of San Diego? I am a native of North County.

Fashion Valley area,,,,163/8. Live there part time and in Atlanta the other part.