Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Maybe Even Better Than Cigars... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60566)

shilala 02-07-2013 11:44 AM

Maybe Even Better Than Cigars...

I love tools. Woodworking tools are my favorite, but I'm just a flat-out tool buying pig. Even worse than cigars. In fact, way worse than cigars.

Every time I undertake a big project, I always buy a tool. I've been doing that for the last 30 years, I bet. My brother put it in my head cause when we were kids we always needed tools to do cement jobs or digging jobs or whatever we could get ourselves into. There was money in them tools!!! :)

I still do that to this day. If the project can't afford a tool, it'll wait. I have never bought anything but the best, and as a result I have everything I've gathered and it all works great. I'm super anal about caring for them, replacing parts, keeping them clean and serviced, plumbed and squared, or whatever they need. That's why they last.

The story aside, I thought it was funny when I got so excited when I pulled this vise out of the box. It's a Jorgenson 13" opening quick-release front vise for my nesting workbench. I'll have two of them on there, this is the first one. Amazon didn't send the other, I have no idea why.
It is a gorgeous piece of metal, and although I already smashed my fingers with it, I still love it. I can't wait to get it mounted, but I don't have time right now. Soon though. :)

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/a...psbe23bf2e.jpg

icehog3 02-07-2013 01:17 PM

Re: Maybe Even Better Than Cigars...

I thought this thread would either be about bacon or Mila Kunis. Or Mila Kunis dressed in a bacon thong.

I know you are a tool guy, Scott, but I am majorly disappointed right now.

Dave128 02-07-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1792435)
I thought this thread would either be about bacon or Mila Kunis. Or Mila Kunis dressed in a bacon thong.

:r:r:r

emopunker2004 02-07-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

:xxx

shilala 02-07-2013 03:02 PM

The only Mila/bacon combo I could really appreciate is Mila Kunis with a couple pounds of bacon tamped in her mouth so I can't hear her. While she's washing my car.
Oh, that'd kick ass!!! :tu

SvilleKid 02-07-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1792467)
The only Mila/bacon combo I could really appreciate is Mila Kunis with a couple pounds of bacon tamped in her mouth so I can't hear her. While she's washing my car.
Oh, that'd kick ass!!! :tu

Agreed, Scott! :tu

icehog3 02-07-2013 04:33 PM

So I won't have any competition from you two Dudes, good news. :r

SvilleKid 02-07-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1792493)
So I won't have any competition from you two Dudes, good news. :r

You are 100% welcome to her, Tom!!! I'll send you some duct tape for her mouth!!

Dave128 02-07-2013 08:27 PM

I take it you didn't see "Ted", Scott?

BHalbrooks 02-07-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

No ass? No thanks!

icehog3 02-07-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvilleKid (Post 1792565)
You are 100% welcome to her, Tom!!! I'll send you some duct tape for her mouth!!

No, I want her in only bacon, Cliff. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave128 (Post 1792590)
I take it you didn't see "Ted", Scott?

Or Black Swan. ;)

shark 02-08-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

How about Mila in a red dress?

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL836.../405567903.jpg

Emjaysmash 02-08-2013 06:04 AM

Very cool! What other tools do ou have? I know nothing about tools, the te scientist in me likes pictures.

icehog3 02-08-2013 08:37 AM

Put on your red dress, and dance the blues...under the moonlght, the serious moonlight.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...a_kunis_l7.jpg

MajorCaptSilly 02-08-2013 09:47 AM

This thread gets my wood working.

MCS

14holestogie 02-08-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 1792780)

MCS

:r:r:r

STEVE S 02-08-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly (Post 1792780)

MCS

:po:lr for more pictures.

maninblack 02-08-2013 10:28 AM

All I can think about is Mila in a bacon thong. Now my day at work is going to be very unproductive. Not that I was going to do anything anyways.

shilala 02-08-2013 02:37 PM

Welp, I didn't get to hurt myself with the second vise. I smashed my fingers with the first one and cut myself 3 or 4 times.
This one arrived broke. A mounting tab on the body casting. I packed her up and it'll be a week or better until the other one gets here. They said they'd ship on the 14th, I don't know why it'll be so long.
I had read in the reviews at Amazon about how many of these vises arrive broken, and it was pretty alarming. Amazon pays the shipping to send it (free shipping on this bad boy), return it, and send a new one, $38.95 a throw. So at this point, they have $120 shipping wrapped up in a $150 vise. If the next one arrives broken, they'll have $240 wrapped up in a $150 vise.
The big, heavy sumb1tch is just thrown in a cardboard box. No foam, no nothing. You'd think they'd use those plastic bags and squirt foam, then maybe Jorgensen could make some money. It's no skin off my ass, but it's a really, really nice vise. They'll quit making them if they're not making any coin, and that'd suck. It's nearly impossible to even find a good bench vise, because the good companies have all closed their doors.

Anyways, I got the bench all cut out and installed the backing on both sides, so when the replacement gets here it'll only take 15 minutes or so to mount it.
It'd take me at least 4 or 5 hours to get drunk enough to mount Mila, so that's not bad, relatively speaking.

icehog3 02-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1792871)
It'd take me at least 4 or 5 hours to get drunk enough to mount Mila, so that's not bad, relatively speaking.

No sweat, I can keep her occupied for 4 hours, Scott. ;)