Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   4th of July plans?? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62587)

Remo 07-03-2013 12:58 AM

4th of July plans??

What ya got going?

Me, just finished my 2 day work week, off the grid for the next 5 days, heading to my wives hometown in the hills for small town parade, rodeo and BBQ, I will sneak over to my favorite river on Friday for some fishing but other than that some well deserved R&R that was made possible by some great men and women from our glorious country!!! Happy Birthday USA!!!!

icehog3 07-03-2013 01:01 AM

Re: 4th of July plans??

Working. :(

But 12 days off after that. :wo

mahtofire14 07-03-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1856972)
Working. :(

But 12 days off after that. :wo

Same here

Blak Smyth 07-03-2013 05:12 AM

The wife works that night so I will likely not do anything unless some neighbors are around. At least she isn't in the burn unit anymore on the 4th.

kelmac07 07-03-2013 05:25 AM

Relaxing and smoking plenty of sticks. :ss :ss :ss

Taki 07-03-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1856990)
The wife works that night so I will likely not do anything unless some neighbors are around. At least she isn't in the burn unit anymore on the 4th.

Same here buddy!

Yea I will just hang with the neighbors, grill some steaks and smoke my first NC in about a year! Don't know if its going to go well or not but me and Ken (SteelCityBoy) are breaking open a box of Liga A's. That's about it...well besides hanging with my daughter!! :tu

Enjoy everyone...have a happy and SAFE 4th of July!!

maninblack 07-03-2013 05:44 AM

Relaxin, grillin, and blowing off my extremities.

Blak Smyth 07-03-2013 06:13 AM

I have to work Friday so I may just drink a bunch of bourbon tonight.

hammondc 07-03-2013 06:19 AM

Hmmm. Pool, Beer, hot dogs, beer.

cjhalbrooks 07-03-2013 06:25 AM

I have the next four days off. My father in law is heading down to my area to spend the holiday with us. There is a carnival that is on the base all week. So that would be family plains.

My plains wake up at 645 everyday. Choose a cigar and drink coffee and watch the brids wake up. :tu The hang out with family (with a pipe or cigar) till kids go to bed. The. Out comes the adult drinks.

14holestogie 07-03-2013 06:30 AM

A couple more hours of work today, then an afternoon set up for our pre-fireworks band gig in our hometown tonight. Playing until the fireworks start, then hurrying home to watch them from the deck with family and friends.
Off until Monday, so I'd imagine the rest of the weekend will involve golf, golf, and more golf. :)

pektel 07-03-2013 06:46 AM

Still in the process of talking the family into staying in the backyard instead of going to a picnic area. I offered to fire up the smoker. Plus, having small children around, they'd have more fun with the sprinkler, pool, and the like, than constantly being herded at the other location.

It's probably a futile attempt. Normally I'm not part of the discussion when they make these plans. I'm just informed of WHAT we are doing, not if I agree to it.

jjirons69 07-03-2013 06:50 AM

Working, but trading the day for the 8th. Heading to the river house on the 6th through the 14th for a log week off the grid. Fishing, tubing, grilling, drinking, smoking, relaxing - a great week to recharge (if it'll ever stop raining). Fireworks downtown tomorrow night with my wife - kids are at grandmas all this week. :tu

jledou 07-03-2013 07:39 AM

Finishing up today and then heading off to finish off the fireworks for tomorrow night. A day of parade, swimming, BBQ and fireworks sprinkled with a few cigars and a little beer. It will be a short night for us as we pack up and head to national for dance for my oldest on Friday.

Everyone be safe and have fun!

hudd 07-03-2013 08:19 AM

not a darn thing!!!

E.J. 07-03-2013 08:20 AM

I have absolutely no plan.....and am actually okay with that. It will be a nice 4 day weekend, whatever I end up doing....

irratebass 07-03-2013 08:26 AM

Swimming and drinking at my mom's and if it's raining, then just drinking :al

IBQTEE1 07-03-2013 08:54 AM

I will be going to a parade and then working at the local festival. Then back to work on Friday.

Remo 07-03-2013 09:12 AM

Sounds like good plans all :tu

AdamJoshua 07-03-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo (Post 1856971)
What ya got going?

Me, just finished my 2 day work week, off the grid for the next 5 days, heading to my wives hometown in the hills for small town parade, rodeo and BBQ, I will sneak over to my favorite river on Friday for some fishing but other than that some well deserved R&R that was made possible by some great men and women from our glorious country!!! Happy Birthday USA!!!!

Geez brother how many wives do you have, one was enough for me! :r

BBQ / Pool party with a friend and some of her friends, should be fun, beats working.