Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Frog Morton sampler (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=54616)

Pseudosacred 03-27-2012 10:30 AM

Frog Morton sampler

I've been interested in trying these. I've found a sample of 4 50g tins for 35$, but I don't really want to jump into a 4 tin endeavor without knowing what they're like.

Could anyone put together a sampler for me? 2 bowls of each would be perfect. I'll pay whatever it's worth and for your shipping.

PM me if you're willing.

Thanks!

chaase321 03-27-2012 10:32 AM

Re: Frog Morton sampler

You think about getting the sampler, and then splitting the tins? Like you order and then split each tin in half and ship to me for $20? Would that interest you?

Pseudosacred 03-27-2012 10:35 AM

That actually sounds like a solid idea!

DaBear 03-27-2012 10:45 AM

I'm not a big latakia fan, but Frog Morton On the Town is fantastic. Surprisingly light on the latakia and heavier on the Orientals. I was a little bit disappointed with On the Bayou, was hoping for more perique as I'm a perique junkie, but its not a bad blend at all. Haven't tried the other two yet.

fissure 03-27-2012 10:49 AM

I could be down for a split too :)

DMK 03-27-2012 12:27 PM

I've been wanting to try them as well.....

chaase321 03-27-2012 01:15 PM

Maybe you can share the link for these guys? Nick and I already have a split working now, maybe he will do more, but if not the link would give you all a good way of getting these.

Carmack 03-27-2012 03:00 PM

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/frwecosa.html

mariogolbee 03-27-2012 03:29 PM

If the OP did THIS ONE twice then he would get free shipping and the total for the free shipping threshold would be reached. That would be $15 for each 100g sampler plus shipping cost. The OP could then offer seven of these samplers, order small flat rate boxes for free online to be delivered to his doorstep, pay postage from home, and have USPS pick the boxes up. He could offer seven samplers at $20 each shipped priority with DC#, get a sampler for himself for only $15 including very useful empty tins, and never have to leave the house!

Just a thought. I'm interested in this possible group buy. Hell, if you guys wish to wait until the beginning of the month I would probably be willing to even host it.

Salvelinus 03-27-2012 08:14 PM

Count me in Mario

Pseudosacred 03-27-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmack (Post 1601516)

That's the one!

Pseudosacred 03-27-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariogolbee (Post 1601532)
If the OP did THIS ONE twice then he would get free shipping and the total for the free shipping threshold would be reached. That would be $15 for each 100g sampler plus shipping cost. The OP could then offer seven of these samplers, order small flat rate boxes for free online to be delivered to his doorstep, pay postage from home, and have USPS pick the boxes up. He could offer seven samplers at $20 each shipped priority with DC#, get a sampler for himself for only $15 including very useful empty tins, and never have to leave the house!

Just a thought. I'm interested in this possible group buy. Hell, if you guys wish to wait until the beginning of the month I would probably be willing to even host it.

That sounds like a lot of work :r

Between 12 hour shifts and all of my volunteering, I find it hard to squeeze the time in to take a dump :=:

Anywho, I feel like if someone could do that, it would definitely be a hit!

Cole and I are doing a split of the 50g tins.

Maybe the ToE could change this thread to a Froggy Sampler Split thread or something?

mariogolbee 03-28-2012 11:35 PM

Is anyone here interested in doing a GB on this in a week or two if I run it? If there is interest then I will post a GB thread later ans PM the interested parties.

Salvelinus 03-29-2012 05:20 AM

I'd be in Mario

chaase321 03-29-2012 07:18 AM

I may be in. I will have to wait and see if I like the sampler that Nick sends over, but if so, this is a great price!

mariogolbee 03-30-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvelinus (Post 1603027)
I'd be in Mario

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaase321 (Post 1603077)
I may be in. I will have to wait and see if I like the sampler that Nick sends over, but if so, this is a great price!

Well, this is a start.:tu

mariogolbee 04-10-2012 01:34 PM

For anyone whom is still interested in a sampler group buy of these blends, I will be posting a thread shortly. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

mariogolbee 04-15-2012 08:45 PM

Frog Morton group buy is on and it will cost even less than originally anticipated. Pass the word along if you know of anyone else who would be interested.

I also sent this message to those in this thread whom showed interest.