Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I'm done with FOX. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12569)

spincycle 03-23-2009 12:27 PM

I'm done with FOX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

Not sure how many folks have seen this on the news.

On one hand, I'm pissed. I have had family who has served in Afghanistan and to mock their contributions and the lives of the 116 soldiers who have died is in extremely poor taste.

On the other hand, it's FOX. I never take what they say seriously. But I'm also tired of giving them my money (in terms of watching their programming) when they turn around and put bullshit like this out.

So, I'm done with them. I won't be watching any of their programming or going to see any of their movies.

Am I taking it too far or too seriously? Maybe. But when there are plenty of other interesting things to watch on TV, why would I support a bunch of assholes?

What do you guys think?

spin

kaisersozei 03-23-2009 12:54 PM

Re: I'm done with FOX.

I've never this "Red Eye" segment, but they look like a bunch of stoned out jokers trying to get a rise out of people, not too credible if you ask me :confused:

Anyway, I was too distracted by the "related" Megan Fox Sexy Video Compilation - FHM 2008 link :dance:

Gophernut 03-23-2009 12:54 PM

Certainly looks to me to be in very poor taste.
Quote:

Anyway, I was too distracted by the "related" Megan Fox Sexy Video Compilation - FHM 2008 link
:tpd:

SmoknTaz 03-23-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gophernut (Post 299883)
Certainly looks to me to be in very poor taste.

:tpd: I see this as a total publicity stunt! Some people have no class!

lightning9191 03-23-2009 01:33 PM

That's not cool.

icehog3 03-23-2009 02:19 PM

4 freakin' a$$holes. :2

Footbag 03-23-2009 02:24 PM

Those people should not be allowed on TV. Americans owe all allied soldiers thanks, no matter what country they come from. We were attacked and Canada as well as a number of other allies chose to help us. Pure Ignorance.

icehog3 03-23-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footbag (Post 300018)
Those people should not be allowed on TV. Americans owe all allied soldiers thanks, no matter what country they come from. We were attacked and Canada as well as a number of other allies chose to help us. Pure Ignorance.

+1 :tu

elderboy02 03-23-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

:tpd: Freaking idiots

TXRebel 03-23-2009 02:35 PM

Red Eye is not news, it is like watching SNL News or Comedy Central, but not as humorous. :2

ActionAndy 03-23-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Is censorship an american value?

spincycle 03-23-2009 03:14 PM

I'm not saying censor them, hell, keep these guys on the air. Personally, I'm done. The relationship between FOX and I is over. I'm breaking up with them.

BC-Axeman 03-23-2009 03:19 PM

That was nothing compared to what the Jon Stewart show has done.

ChicagoWhiteSox 03-23-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Axeman (Post 300106)

How dare you bash Jon Stewart!!!!!!:D:D

BamBam 03-23-2009 03:39 PM

you're either part of the problem or part of the solution.....nuff said

WildBlueSooner 03-23-2009 03:47 PM

In my opinion the US media in general is pathetic. You can watch any of the major networks and laugh at the absurdness of what they are saying. Honestly I just stick to the BBC most of the time (although they certainly arent perfect). As for this particular clip pretty ridiculous to belittle the contributions and sacrifices of the Canadian military. Censorship is not the answer, not watching is! I cant believe I just stuck up for Canadians ;)

Footbag 03-23-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActionAndy (Post 300093)
Is censorship an american value?

I don't think we should pass a law to censor them, I think they should be fired. Firing someone for saying something blatantly stupid and with national security ramifications is not censoring them. Fox should take away their platform.

14holestogie 03-23-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC-Axeman (Post 300106)

:confused:

Yeah, getting young people in touch with what's really going on using a humourous approach to point out the absurdities and lies of those in control using actual facts.

I may have missed a few episodes, but I've never seen him bash any troops.
Was he hard on Bush? Sure, but early into the new administration, he seems to be an equal opportunity basher.

It may be just a basic cable show, but he does ask the tough questions of those responsible. I don't think that's bad journalism.

BC-Axeman 03-23-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Footbag (Post 300183)
I don't think we should pass a law to censor them, I think they should be fired. Firing someone for saying something blatantly stupid and with national security ramifications is not censoring them. Fox should take away their platform.

In this case there would be nobody working for the major newspapers or most of congress.

BC-Axeman 03-23-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14holestogie (Post 300202)
:confused:

Yeah, getting young people in touch with what's really going on using a humourous approach to point out the absurdities and lies of those in control using actual facts.

I may have missed a few episodes, but I've never seen him bash any troops.
Was he hard on Bush? Sure, but early into the new administration, he seems to be an equal opportunity basher.

It may be just a basic cable show, but he does ask the tough questions of those responsible. I don't think that's bad journalism.

I have seen Jon Stewart bash the troops in order to bash Bush. That, in my opinion is worse than bashing Bush would have been. That was the last time I watched Jon Stewart.