Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Absolut Vodka Thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8298)

KidRock 01-17-2009 05:45 PM

Absolut Vodka Thread

I like Absolut Ruby Red and 7UP on ice....whats your favorite?

P.S. If you can drink regular absolut straight you are made of iron ;)

barbourjay 01-17-2009 06:02 PM

Re: Absolut Vodka Thread

you are a braver man that i for starting this thread.

i only use to drink this stuff when i was underage and didn't know any better. never tried any of the flavored stuff.

KidRock 01-17-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbourjay (Post 176288)
you are a braver man that i for starting this thread.

i only use to drink this stuff when i was underage and didn't know any better. never tried any of the flavored stuff.

Keyword Undergrad

Just trying to see what everyone likes

SeanGAR 01-17-2009 06:36 PM

I drink a polish potato vodka (Luksusowa) with Minute Maid Valencia OJ.

After breakfast I prefer Skyy.

I do have Absolut Kurant that is bloody awful. Wifie says to drink it with cranberry, which I don't like. I use it to clean things when I need some alcohol (removing glue, things like that). Nobody who comes over has taken a shine to it either .. bummer.

cheshire2 01-17-2009 07:19 PM

Why dilute it??

Smokin Gator 01-17-2009 08:02 PM

I love Absolut Ruby Red but only on the rocks.

KidRock 01-17-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator (Post 176409)
I love Absolut Ruby Red but only on the rocks.

Your cool! :ss I'm glad its not just me.

icehog3 01-17-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidRock (Post 176251)

P.S. If you can drink regular absolut straight you are made of iron ;)

At least your stomach must be. ;)

I don't care for Absolut, it gives me heartburn every time. Level does the same, so it must be either the ingredients or distilling that Absolut uses that give me a problem.

GoodFella 01-17-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 176570)
At least your stomach must be. ;)

I don't care for Absolut, it gives me heartburn every time. Level does the same, so it must be either the ingredients or distilling that Absolut uses that give me a problem.

what about finlandia? i know finlandia, Absolut, and greygood u the same distilling prosess. i dont care for any of them. i havenever tryed any of the flavored stuff my them. i think tripple grap is the only flavored vodka i have ever had.

icehog3 01-17-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodFella (Post 176592)
what about finlandia? i know finlandia, Absolut, and greygood u the same distilling prosess. i dont care for any of them. i havenever tryed any of the flavored stuff my them. i think tripple grap is the only flavored vodka i have ever had.

Not a big fan of any of the three, Rob. :)

pnoon 01-17-2009 11:01 PM

http://www.lordofwines.com/images/Vo...iDolgoruki.jpg

beamish 01-18-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanGAR (Post 176332)
I drink a polish potato vodka (Luksusowa) with Minute Maid Valencia OJ.

After breakfast I prefer Skyy.

I do have Absolut Kurant that is bloody awful. Wifie says to drink it with cranberry, which I don't like. I use it to clean things when I need some alcohol (removing glue, things like that). Nobody who comes over has taken a shine to it either .. bummer.

quite a few of my co-workers are from poland,and they drink a lot of vodka and surrounding area and they say luksusowa is an excellent vodka,as they also say real vodka should be made from potatoes. I found a vodka at costco that comes from france with the costco brand on it,excellent price, and it is excellent the wife and I drink it in martini's or I like it with ginger ale and lime twist....

beamish 01-18-2009 07:43 AM

I read a review on tito's handmade vodka,and gave it a try,pretty good $20 a bottle distilled 6 times and made in austin texas...

Vitis 01-18-2009 09:01 AM

Hmm, I know people seem to dislike Absolut but you can often find me with a Absolut manadrin and tonic in my hand on weekends. I prefer Hanger One mandarin Blossom but often it's $3+ more per drink.

PinkPistol86 02-19-2009 07:53 PM

I drink absolut and cranberry a lot.

GreekGodX 03-01-2009 02:38 PM

Vodka and red bull please.

Smokin Gator 03-01-2009 03:21 PM

I know spring is just around the corner so I picked up my first bottle of Ruby Red of the year on Friday.

TheJ 03-01-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamish (Post 176874)
I read a review on tito's handmade vodka,and gave it a try,pretty good $20 a bottle distilled 6 times and made in austin texas...

Now that's some good stuff. I haven't had it in a few years. As popular as it was becoming I half expected it to be much more expensive by now. I think at the time it was around $17 at Spec's

icehog3 03-01-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamish (Post 176874)

I have been through a few bottle of Tito's (a couple gifted by my Texas BOTL, Kenny), and think it is pretty good stuff. :tu