Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Games thread! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=363)

Mugen910 11-19-2008 01:54 PM

Re: Games thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 76807)
I didn't want to spend 8 bucks to rent a game I'm getting next week

so I rented the one I probably wouldn't buy

I'm pumped for WaW

saaaweeet! By next week I should be a Brig. Gen. :D

Lumpold 11-19-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 76807)
I didn't want to spend 8 bucks to rent a game I'm getting next week

so I rented the one I probably wouldn't buy

I'm pumped for WaW

Man, they should have made World at Warcraft - using your sorcerer to destroy hitler.

DrDubzz 11-19-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 76811)
saaaweeet! By next week I should be a Brig. Gen. :D

which system do you play on? (I want to know if I get to own you or not)

Mugen910 11-19-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX2010 (Post 77136)
which system do you play on? (I want to know if I get to own you or not)

The better one that plays bluray. :r

DrDubzz 11-19-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 77140)
The better one that plays bluray. :r

ooooooh goodie, I have the one that plays blu-rays too!

I will acquire your PSN ID when I get the game

VirtualSmitty 11-20-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 76535)
:confused:

Hey Mike they have a zombie level you can play too...just you and 3 players gotta see how long you last with zombies trying to infiltrate. :tu

What, I like the actual game a lot more than the beta. Mulitplayer is mad fun!

cigars_n_scotch 11-21-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 79675)
What, I like the actual game a lot more than the beta. Mulitplayer is mad fun!

I convinced myself to suck it up and finish the solo campaign just to get the zombie level in coop and it was well worth it. It's loads of fun. The solo campaign is nothing to brag about, quite boring if you ask me but I always buy these games for the MP so it doesn't really matter. MP is tons of fun and I really like that Treyarch coded the game so that modded controllers don't work. This COD is a little more difficult to level up given the weapons, unlike the spray and pray fully auto's of COD4 which is another plus in my book. I bought COD:WW and GOW2 at the same time earlier this week and I have yet to open GOW2. I really want to but have just spent all of my time on COD: WW.

Smitty, what's your GT?

VirtualSmitty 11-21-2008 09:12 AM

My GT is VS82. And I agree with you on many points, Zombie mode is awesome, single player is blah, multiplayer is improved. Single player is just missing the intensity that CoD4 had. The Russian levels I found to be better than the US campaign. Enemy AI was crap for one thing, the whole death cards thing I could care less about, and coop campaign was just a little too easy.

But like you said, multiplayer is where it's at. Sub machine guns get spammed a bit, but otherwise I think everything is better balanced. I'll be honest and admit i'm guilty of Ppsh spam on some levels. I also like the higher leveling cap, more prestige, more perks, little more graphic, and the vehicles.

Mugen910 11-21-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 80178)
My GT is VS82. And I agree with you on many points, Zombie mode is awesome, single player is blah, multiplayer is improved. Single player is just missing the intensity that CoD4 had. The Russian levels I found to be better than the US campaign. Enemy AI was crap for one thing, the whole death cards thing I could care less about, and coop campaign was just a little too easy.

But like you said, multiplayer is where it's at. Sub machine guns get spammed a bit, but otherwise I think everything is better balanced. I'll be honest and admit i'm guilty of Ppsh spam on some levels. I also like the higher leveling cap, more prestige, more perks, little more graphic, and the vehicles.

I know it's a stretch but why can't they ever get rid of the n00btubes... ugh..once I see a guy/gal use one..they become my new fav target!:2

VirtualSmitty 11-21-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 80184)
I know it's a stretch but why can't they ever get rid of the n00btubes... ugh..once I see a guy/gal use one..they become my new fav target!:2

No kidding. I hate how the MP40 does MORE damage than a Thompson. And all the newbs always use either stopping power of juggernaut. it seems like everytime I die it's from someone hitting me with an MP40 with stopping power. It's ok though, it only makes blowing them into chunks with my sawed off double barrel shottie all the more fun. Or even better, the shotgun bayonet kill. Nothing says pwned like being stabbed to death by a shotgun :D

Mugen910 11-21-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 80197)
No kidding. I hate how the MP40 does MORE damage than a Thompson. And all the newbs always use either stopping power of juggernaut. it seems like everytime I die it's from some hitting me with an MP40 with stopping power. It's ok though, it only makes blowing them into chunks with my sawed off double barrel shottie all the more fun. Or even better, the shotgun bayonet kill. Nothing says pwned like being stabbed to death by a shotgun :D

hahaha...I concur! I do wish there was something really drastic to say "You got pwnd!" I remember on game where as the medic you revived dying people but if you so inclined..you could use it on the enemy! Nothing better than seeing

Kaze978 (shock paddle sign) newbiebewbie :r

VirtualSmitty 11-21-2008 09:27 AM

I hate it when someone has last stand and screams "REVIVE ME, REVIVE ME!". I answer buy throwing a molotov in their face, followed by a STFU :ss

King James 11-28-2008 11:27 AM

Picked up CoD5 last week and although I was skeptical at first I do like it. I'm not a huge fan of returning to the WW2 format, but the game is pretty good. I have not played online yet, but maybe will later today

Mugen910 11-28-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King James (Post 90750)
Picked up CoD5 last week and although I was skeptical at first I do like it. I'm not a huge fan of returning to the WW2 format, but the game is pretty good. I have not played online yet, but maybe will later today

Online is where it's at bro!:ss

King James 11-28-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen910 (Post 90751)
Online is where it's at bro!:ss

Oh I know. Played quite a few hours online w/ cod4. Just have been enjoying the campaign so far

Mugen910 11-28-2008 11:41 AM

yeah campaigns are fun...

King James 11-28-2008 12:15 PM

wow. I just finished the campaign and it seemed REALLY short. I'm kind of disappointed.

Mugen910 11-28-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King James (Post 90775)
wow. I just finished the campaign and it seemed REALLY short. I'm kind of disappointed.

I haven't played the campaign mode but I usually like the challenges..

VirtualSmitty 11-28-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King James (Post 90775)

The campaign is short, and I found it much less intense than Cod4. I also got a bit sick of listening to Keiffer Sutherland and Gary Oldman screaming at me every 10 seconds lol. However, when you jack up the difficulty and start hunting for death cards I am finding the single player in WaW has a lot more replayability than CoD4's campaign had. Plus coop campaign is cool and the zombie mode is a nice bit of fan service. It's tough, it's fun, it requires teamwork and strategy, one of these days some of you guys got to jump on and rock some zombies with me online!

King James 11-28-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 90800)
The campaign is short, and I found it much less intense than Cod4. I also got a bit sick of listening to Keiffer Sutherland and Gary Oldman screaming at me every 10 seconds lol. However, when you jack up the difficulty and start hunting for death cards I am finding the single player in WaW has a lot more replayability than CoD4's campaign had. Plus coop campaign is cool and the zombie mode is a nice bit of fan service. It's tough, it's fun, it requires teamwork and strategy, one of these days some of you guys got to jump on and rock some zombies with me online!

I'd be up for that. Thought you play on PC though? I haven't tried the campaign on higher difficulty levels yet, but I do wish it was a tad longer.