Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which Taboo Twist size do you prefer? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10300)

Mark C 02-14-2009 07:12 PM

Which Taboo Twist size do you prefer?

I just smoked my first Twist tonight, was the torpedo. I was a bit disappointed at first after all the hype, the draw was loose (could be my fault, probably cut too much cap), the smoke volume was low, the flavors weren't anything to write home about. But then after the first inch it got better, and after the 2nd inch it was fantastic. Unfortunately just as I was starting the final third, my wife said the baby needed a bottle and she had to get dressed to go out later, so after a few more quick puffs the cigar got pitched.

Now I need more of these guys. Problem is, I don't know which size. I'll probably just order the sampler next time Rob posts a discount code, but I'm curious what y'all think.

So which Taboo Twist size do you prefer?

robertw1249 02-14-2009 07:24 PM

Re: Which Taboo Twist size do you prefer?

i like the twist Robusto and the sfo toros

ActionAndy 02-14-2009 07:40 PM

I've liked all of them that I've had. The torp and churchill are both massive, generous smokes. I also have the corona size in the humi, but have yet to try them--the corona's my dad's fav though.

davearob 02-14-2009 07:45 PM

The Churchills are my favorite

groogs 02-14-2009 08:05 PM

My favorite size is the Corona.

webjunkie 02-14-2009 09:24 PM

I'm a fan of the petite corona :hm

TXRebel 02-14-2009 09:44 PM

I like the torpedo, but have a 5er of petit coronas sitting in the humi.

lightning9191 02-14-2009 09:48 PM

My wife and I have tried both the petite corona and the robusto and we both agree that we prefer the robusto.

acruce 02-14-2009 09:49 PM

I prefer the robusto size vitola in all my smokes including the taboo twist.

kaisersozei 02-15-2009 06:51 AM

I like the toro but don't usually have the 2 hours it takes to smoke one, so I'd go with the robusto.

Tikihut27 02-15-2009 07:37 AM

I like the churchills and the torps. Smoking a twist torpedo as I type this, matter of fact. I don't remember a bad one.

rrplasencia 02-15-2009 09:16 AM

I would say it changes. I always ask Rob which size is smoking the best before i order. The answer changes but he always recommends the best stick at that time, which is more important then the size for me.

Mark C 02-15-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrplasencia (Post 236228)
I would say it changes. I always ask Rob which size is smoking the best before i order. The answer changes but he always recommends the best stick at that time, which is more important then the size for me.

That might be the way to go. I figure the costs are close enough, if I only have time for half a churchill or a whole PC, it's all the same.

Thanks for the tips guys!

Beer Doctor 02-15-2009 09:59 AM

I prefer SFBC, SFO, and the reserves to the Twist. I have only had one twist but it didn't make much of an impression.

Hardcz 02-15-2009 10:02 AM

Robusto is where it's at...

rhdad42 02-15-2009 10:23 AM

The other night I had my first twist ever, a Toro Grande, and man was it a fantastic smoke! I'm normally a torpedo guy, but if you've got the time, go for the gusto!