Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Walking Dead Season 5 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68952)

irratebass 02-07-2015 07:49 AM

Walking Dead Season 5

Mid season starts tomorrow.......here we go!

afranco 02-07-2015 07:53 AM

Re: Walking Dead Season 5

Cant wait !!

irratebass 02-07-2015 08:06 AM

I hear ya Alfredo

dijit 02-07-2015 08:30 AM

Hell yeah! what time and will it be on at the shop Mickey?

irratebass 02-07-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dijit (Post 2016736)
Hell yeah! what time and will it be on at the shop Mickey?

9pm, and I really hope not Mike.....I want to watch it at home heh

dijit 02-07-2015 10:18 AM

Oh yeah I forgot the missus has that special outfit she makes you wear to watch this

jsnake 02-07-2015 10:24 AM

Hell yeah glad I saw this because I wasn't sure when it started. DVR is set anyways but people always throw out everything on the internet and ruin it. Off and will be watching.

irratebass 02-09-2015 08:11 AM

No spoilers, but it was a weird episode imo, but I enjoyed it and glad to see it back.

Victor808 02-09-2015 11:20 AM

Are we not spoiling yet?
Cuz I was a bit disappointed in a lot of the decisions they made for this episode....

hammondc 02-09-2015 12:32 PM

Good episode. My kid has been down the slide in the picture of the boys and I have eaten in the pizza shop in another picture of the boys. Neato!

kelmac07 02-09-2015 05:37 PM

Didn't care for this episode at all. :2

irratebass 02-10-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor808 (Post 2017116)
Are we not spoiling yet?
Cuz I was a bit disappointed in a lot of the decisions they made for this episode....

Spoil away.......people can enter at their own risks

Victor808 02-10-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 2017251)
Spoil away.......people can enter at their own risks

I'm irritated that the decided to take out a veteran survivor of a zombie apocalypse with a dumb situation like that. He would know better to clear a room, hell a whole house before deciding to stare at pictures on a wall. I understand they were trying to show he'd "given up"... but after all the years that crap would be ingrained in him, especially since the safety of the other guy with him would be on the line.

Then sending to get help rather than lopping that arm right off immediately?

Then no tourniquet after they finally do lop off the arm?

The whole hallucinating dead people for an hour just seemed like their way of trying to give him a whole hour long send-off... but I would have really rather it had been a quick and brutal death (like Beth), but somewhat logical given his proven ability to survive. They didn't need to drag out the send-off, they needed to make it a little less dumb a mistake.

irratebass 02-11-2015 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor808 (Post 2017289)
I'm irritated that the decided to take out a veteran survivor of a zombie apocalypse with a dumb situation like that. He would know better to clear a room, hell a whole house before deciding to stare at pictures on a wall. I understand they were trying to show he'd "given up"... but after all the years that crap would be ingrained in him, especially since the safety of the other guy with him would be on the line.

I think they were trying to convey what Rick said to Carl "You're never safe, no matter what." So I get what they were trying to say.......going back to the comics Tyresse did die by a biter, but not the same way.

Then sending to get help rather than lopping that arm right off immediately?

Then no tourniquet after they finally do lop off the arm?

My wife actually yelled at the tv "Why didn't they wrap up his arm!!!!???"

The whole hallucinating dead people for an hour just seemed like their way of trying to give him a whole hour long send-off... but I would have really rather it had been a quick and brutal death (like Beth), but somewhat logical given his proven ability to survive. They didn't need to drag out the send-off, they needed to make it a little less dumb a mistake.

I kinda liked seeing them all come back, but I get your point.

Victor808 02-17-2015 11:54 AM

Well that episode was the definition of "misery ****"....

slow episode. seriously slow. Some good zombie kills, but I just get bored of the constant "look how bad things are getting".

On the up-side, looks like they're following the comics with the arrival of the stranger.
On the sideways-side... what do we think they're going to do with Abraham's cut? I can't decide if they're intending to kill him off with that or if they're throwing us a fake out. They made sure that the cut was in almost every scene...

kelmac07 02-17-2015 12:06 PM

Let's be honest....last weeks episode SUCKED!!

shilala 02-17-2015 01:00 PM

I still haven't finished up last season. The show just kinda tailed off on me.

If you guys want a good Zombie fix, pick up this book.
I've read every zombie book in the world. That one is the best, and that's saying something. There are tons of good Zombie books out there.
This guy has written a number of sequels, I only read one so far. When I get back to Zombie reading, this is where I'll start.
Really, at least download the sample. You'll skip work the next day. :lr

Victor808 02-17-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 2018619)
I still haven't finished up last season. The show just kinda tailed off on me.

If you guys want a good Zombie fix, pick up this book.
I've read every zombie book in the world. That one is the best, and that's saying something. There are tons of good Zombie books out there.
This guy has written a number of sequels, I only read one so far. When I get back to Zombie reading, this is where I'll start.
Really, at least download the sample. You'll skip work the next day. :lr

Haven't read Molles. Have you read the Mira Grant Newsflesh series? I liked that one a lot.

irratebass 02-18-2015 08:00 AM

I liked this last episode......sorry, I don't have to have a bunch of zombie killings to make for good tv. I liked that we are seeing Maggie,Sasha & Darrel dealing with the deaths.

That dream sequence was intense!

Not sure about the cut on Abraham, but they did focus on his drinking & Sasha's comment on how it wasn't a good thing.

Having just re-read the comics I am glad to see where they are going with the story, this gets me excited.

shilala 02-18-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor808 (Post 2018643)
Haven't read Molles. Have you read the Mira Grant Newsflesh series? I liked that one a lot.

I have not. But I'll go look it up right now. :tu