Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Lebron and Melo on the move? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67023)

BUC WHITE 06-24-2014 05:28 PM

Lebron and Melo on the move?

I think Lebron is going to resign with the heat, just going to take less money to bring in another superstar. I hope its not Melo. Dude plays no defense and the heat need it.

I like Melo to Chicago. They won't need him to play D there. The bulls have had trouble scoring the past few seasons. Seems like the best fit to me and a lot of others out there.

icehog3 06-24-2014 05:32 PM

Re: Lebron and Melo on the move?

Not a huge NBA fan, but I'd take Anthony. Might help if we can ever get Rose healthy.

themoneycollector 06-24-2014 07:31 PM

Carmelo and Lebron to the Mavs would be :noon

kelmac07 06-24-2014 07:32 PM

Who cares...it's baseball season. :D

BUC WHITE 06-24-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themoneycollector (Post 1970588)
Carmelo and Lebron to the Mavs would be :noon

that would be a pretty sweet deal

never really been the biggest fan of baseball. 3-10 batting lifetime gets you into the hall of fame :D

BHalbrooks 06-25-2014 09:17 PM

It's funny how all the Heat fans are acting like it's not a big deal if Lebron leaves.

If Jordan left the Bulls in the prime of his career, they would've been devastated. Not a bad team, but not nearly as good.

I don't care where he goes, I just hope that he doesn't make it another huge decision, because ESPN already won't shut up about Johnny Football and him.

icehog3 06-26-2014 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHalbrooks (Post 1970845)

If Jordan left the Bulls in the prime of his career, they would've been devastated. Not a bad team, but not nearly as good.

He did, played baseball for two years. The Bulls likely would have won 8 straight championships it he hadn't.

shilala 06-26-2014 05:47 AM

He played baseball poorly for two years, actually. ;)
He was no Deion or Bo, that's for sure.

mosesbotbol 06-26-2014 06:50 AM

If Lebron could play in the MLB over NBA; do it immediately. Running up and down that court 40 hours a week at that level is not good for long term health. Injury potential is much higher than MLB along with general wear & tear. Just like if he could play PGA, do that one first!

BUC WHITE 06-26-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 1970893)
If Lebron could play in the MLB over NBA; do it immediately. Running up and down that court 40 hours a week at that level is not good for long term health. Injury potential is much higher than MLB along with general wear & tear. Just like if he could play PGA, do that one first!

i think there are more injuries in baseball that cause players to miss games. guy gets a hang nail and he misses a start. I see guys pull up lame just by running to first base, 15 day DL.

icehog3 06-26-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1970882)
He played baseball poorly for two years, actually. ;)
He was no Deion or Bo, that's for sure.

No doubt about it! :r

If I remember correctly he was playing Single A?

jhedrick83 06-26-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1970926)
No doubt about it! :r

If I remember correctly he was playing Single A?

Double AA for the Birmingham Barons. Got to watch him a few times when they came to play the Knoxville Blue Jays. He couldn't hit a slider for sh!t.

mosesbotbol 06-26-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUC WHITE (Post 1970911)
i think there are more injuries in baseball that cause players to miss games. guy gets a hang nail and he misses a start. I see guys pull up lame just by running to first base, 15 day DL.

It's such a cush job and the players are pulling the strings when that happens. I don't think that is because they are playing at a level that is so grueling.

Steelerfanatic 06-27-2014 02:03 PM

I think Melo is going to the Bulls. They also picked up McDermott in the draft yesterday who scored over 3,000 points in college. Lebron will stay with Miami but they are gonna have a tough time paying all three. Wade could excercise an option and get paid 20 million next year. He would be crazy not to take it as no other team would pay him half that.