Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Good Eats (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Turkey leftovers (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5071)

acruce 11-28-2008 09:29 AM

Turkey leftovers

Wondering if you guys make any special dish with the Turkey day leftovers.I don't do anything special besides a nice turkey sandwich.

mrreindeer 11-28-2008 09:31 AM

Re: Turkey leftovers

mrsreindeer made an awesome scramble with both the fried turkey & smoked turkey we had, with cheese over biscuits with gravy & cranberry sauce....freakin' AWESOME!

md4958 11-28-2008 09:46 AM

kicked up turkey sandwhich.

Sliced turkey, stuffing and a bit of cranberry sauce on a toasted grinder roll... top it off with a bit of warmed gravy...yum!!!

mosesbotbol 11-28-2008 10:02 AM

Turkey in tomato sauce with pasta

Turkey with pesto and fresh mozzarella

Turkey hash.

Use it in just about anything where you can drop the turkey in at the end to just heat. Put it soups, rice based dishes... Too many ways you can use leftover turkey.

MadAl 11-28-2008 10:06 AM

Any turkey leftover is special to me!

kaisersozei 11-28-2008 10:21 AM

I use the turkey carcass to make a nice stock (today's cooking activity) which I use as the base for my turkey bone gumbo (tomorrow's cooking activity.) The kids look forward to that meal more than Thanksgiving!

mrreindeer 11-28-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaisersozei (Post 90693)
I use the turkey carcass to make a nice stock (today's cooking activity) which I use as the base for my turkey bone gumbo (tomorrow's cooking activity.)

Gerard, what can we trade for some of that gumbo??!! :D:D
Sounds awesome; hope you had a wonderful holiday.

TXRebel 11-28-2008 11:41 AM

My wife makes a Sheppard’s Pie concoction out of Thanksgiving leftovers. :dr

Cigary 11-28-2008 01:48 PM

All of the leftovers from the big dinner is great,,,we bought a monster bird because I love making sandwiches and stuffing, gravy, etc. Ok, I just talked myself into making another sandwich,,,I love Thanksgiving Dinners and leftovers.

Scottw 11-28-2008 01:52 PM

I take tukey and dice it up, add the mashed potatoes, stuffing ang gravy and mix it all up then lay it in a pan like a big pancake untl it gets crusty on one side.Flip it and do th other. Put on a plate with a bit of extra gravy and voila!

Smokin Gator 11-28-2008 02:08 PM

To me there is not much better to do with the leftovers that to make a sandwich on white bread with lots of mayo and nothing else.

kdog 11-28-2008 02:26 PM

We have Turkey and Ham, so I take the turkey meat and ham bone, simmer with our home grown canned tomatoes, add water, chicken broth, okra, white peas, corn, green beans, a little hot sace, marjoram, thyme, oregano, ...... Soup de jour. Then, after the Auburn Alabama game on Saturday, I have my wife throw the turkey carcass up in the air outside and shoot at it untill its gone. The cats love that part.

kdog 11-28-2008 02:27 PM

I forgot, War Eagle

ucla695 11-28-2008 02:30 PM

We eat it the same way it was served last night and it's just as good.

:eevis 11-28-2008 05:19 PM

Just had a nice sandwich with some Turkey, stuffing, and lots of horseradish on toasted white bread. I consider thish carb-loading for a long night of gaming. Man, I'm a loser :ss

dadof3illinois 11-28-2008 05:47 PM

I just ground some of the smoked turkey up and made turkey salad for sandwiches. Then took the dressing, made some small round balls with it, rolled them in egg and bread crumbs and fried them up. Quick and really easy, goes good with the turkey salad sandwich.

King James 11-28-2008 06:29 PM

mmm turkey gumbo sounds good. For me, I never get more fancy then a turkey sandwich w/ cheese on it

BigAl_SC 11-30-2008 02:17 PM

We make a hot turkey casserole with leftover turkey, mayo, celery, onion, and potato chips (that's right, crumple up Lays). mix together. Top with a few more crumpled chips and you have some good eat'en......

King James 11-30-2008 04:10 PM

I did mix a little bit of shredded turkey into Tostitos queso cheese dip and sprinkled some shredded cheese on top to eat with chips. Turned out pretty good for something quick and on the spot

Darrell 11-30-2008 04:11 PM

I am making turkey chili tonight. :dr