Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   NHL 2022 Playoffs (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77157)

Porch Dweller 05-31-2022 09:04 PM

NHL 2022 Playoffs

Just finished the Oilers-Avs game. I wonder what the over/under is for average goals per game for this series. :)

icehog3 06-01-2022 08:05 AM

Re: NHL 2022 Playoffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porch Dweller (Post 2234647)
Just finished the Oilers-Avs game. I wonder what the over/under is for average goals per game for this series. :)

I think the record for a Conference Final was 1985 Oilers - Blackhawks. The Hawks were the 2nd best team in the NHL from 85-88, but never made the Stanley Cup Final because they met the best team in the league in the Conference Final every year. :hn :r

I was thinking 6 minutes into the game that it reminded me of the Oilers - Hawks of the mid 80s. Two minutes later, Eddie O says the same thing.

It's just great seeing the two best players in the league going head to head. And in the East, two of the best goalies in the league will do the same.

I love this time of year! :ih :wo :wnr

AdamJoshua 06-01-2022 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2234663)
I think the record for a Conference Final was 1985 Oilers - Blackhawks. The Hawks were the 2nd best team in the NHL from 85-88, but never made the Stanley Cup Final because they met the best team in the league in the Conference Final every year. :hn :r

I was thinking 6 minutes into the game that it reminded me of the Oilers - Hawks of the mid 80s. Two minutes later, Eddie O says the same thing.

It's just great seeing the two best players in the league going head to head. And in the East, two of the best goalies in the league will do the same.

I love this time of year! :ih :wo :wnr

bUt I tHOugHt RasK reTirED -(P

icehog3 06-02-2022 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2234683)
bUt I tHOugHt RasK reTirED -(P

Emphasis on "best"..... :r

Wonderful seeing the Bolts get smoked by the Rangers. I'd love to see them make the Final.

Porch Dweller 06-02-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2234694)
Emphasis on "best"..... :r

Wonderful seeing the Bolts get smoked by the Rangers. I'd love to see them make the Final.

I spent my formative years in Connecticut rooting for the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots. I cannot bring myself to cheer on any NY team with two exceptions: '94 Rangers against Vancouver, and '93 Bills vs. Cowboys because eff the Cowboys.

icehog3 06-02-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porch Dweller (Post 2234699)
I spent my formative years in Connecticut rooting for the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots. I cannot bring myself to cheer on any NY team with two exceptions: '94 Rangers against Vancouver, and '93 Bills vs. Cowboys because eff the Cowboys.

I'm just hoping for a new Cup champion this season, and knocking off the Bolts would seal the deal.

For the record, I rooted for the Bruins in '11 against the Canuckleheads, and in 2019 against the Blows.