Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   House divided? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5353)

ucla695 12-02-2008 03:13 PM

House divided?

How many of you are sleeping with the enemy? I’m a loyal Bruin fan, but somehow I ignored every instinct in my body and ended up marrying into a Trojan family (man, it's going to be hard to live it down this week with the big SC game on Saturday). :D Likewise, I have friends that graduated from UCLA with me and who have gone on to get their graduate degrees from.....you guessed it.... USC. I'm just wondering how many other people are in a similar situation? It doesn’t have to be schools. It could be sports teams, companies, etc. So, do you come from a house divided?

gettysburgfreak 12-02-2008 03:19 PM

Re: House divided?

nope, will never date a woman who likes the yankees

fxpose 12-02-2008 04:22 PM

Yeah, that's going to be a good game, followed by the De La Hoya - Pacquiao fight. I'm grilling plenty of hot wings! (again!)...:p

LasciviousXXX 12-02-2008 04:29 PM

Thankfully both my wife and I are RABID Detroit Red Wings fans :D

However I did grow up in a family where half of the family was FSU fans and the other half were Gator fans. When the two teams played the family was at WAR!

wcktalvrg 12-02-2008 04:49 PM

Me and my girlfriend are huge Dodger fans... however my parents are huge Angel fans! I'm also a L.A Kings fan living in Duck country (the O.C) :ih

ucla695 12-02-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wcktalvrg (Post 96964)
Me and my girlfriend are huge Dodger fans... however my parents are huge Angel fans! I'm also a L.A Kings fan living in Duck country (the O.C) :ih

Must make the freeway series that much more fun. :D It can't be fun walking around O.C. in Kings gear either. I'm definitely out numbered when I walk around Newport or Manhattan Beach in UCLA stuff. :D

Buena Fortuna 12-02-2008 04:58 PM

GO WINGS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX (Post 96917)
Thankfully both my wife and I are RABID Detroit Red Wings fans :D

However I did grow up in a family where half of the family was FSU fans and the other half were Gator fans. When the two teams played the family was at WAR!

Posted via Mobile Device

Gophernut 12-02-2008 05:00 PM

My wife and I agree on most teams (Wild, Gophers, Twins) but she is a Packer fan and I am a Viking fan. I guess it's what you would call a mixed marriage.

DBall 12-02-2008 05:01 PM

Shell's a Bills fan and I'm a Jets fan.

mrreindeer 12-02-2008 06:15 PM

GO BRUINS!!

mrsreindeer's Dad got his doctorate at 'SC so yeah, we're a little divided but I made her wear a UCLA sweatshirt when we all went out for the big game a few years ago! Dad wasn't too happy about that! :D

And yeah, I don't much understand the undergrad UCLA thing and the 'SC grad thing....makes NO sense....:r:r:r

ucla695 12-02-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreindeer (Post 97146)
GO BRUINS!!

mrsreindeer's Dad got his doctorate at 'SC so yeah, we're a little divided but I made her wear a UCLA sweatshirt when we all went out for the big game a few years ago! Dad wasn't too happy about that! :D

And yeah, I don't much understand the undergrad UCLA thing and the 'SC grad thing....makes NO sense....:r:r:r

GO BRUINS!!

That's hilarious. I'm going to make my wife live up to her mrsucla name and wear some Bruin gear the next time we head over to her family's . Gotta keep her in check. :D

gorob23 12-02-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla695 (Post 96792)
I ignored every instinct in my body and ended up marrying into a Trojan family

I'd say your a lucky man :r

Rob :ss

AAlmeter 12-02-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBall (Post 96995)
Shell's a Bills fan and I'm a Jets fan.

She deserves better. :D

fxpose 12-02-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla695 (Post 97263)
That's hilarious. I'm going to make my wife live up to her mrsucla name and wear some Bruin gear the next time we head over to her family's . Gotta keep her in check. :D

But didn't she defect not too long ago? I recall seeing her in a Bruin sweatshirt a couple of years back.....:D

floydp 12-02-2008 07:43 PM

I'm a UVA fan and Anita is a Sooner fan. Her team wins and is in the running for a National Championship every fargin year and my team usually sux. Oh yeah and my daughter lives in Austin and will probably be doing some post graduate study as a Longhorn so it makes for some interesting stuff in the family. So mixed marriages do work. Just makes life a bit more interesting. :r

ucla695 12-02-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxpose (Post 97346)
But didn't she defect not too long ago? I recall seeing her in a Bruin sweatshirt a couple of years back.....:D

That was before she was brain washed George. I'm working on an intervention. :r :r

fxpose 12-02-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla695 (Post 97386)
That was before she was brain washed George. I'm working on an intervention. :r :r

The USC Law School did a great job of doing that it seems.....:D

kaisersozei 12-02-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydp (Post 97369)
I'm a UVA fan and Anita is a Sooner fan. Her team wins and is in the running for a National Championship every fargin year and my team usually sux.

:r

I'm a UVA grad, and the wife went to Virginia Tech. That's about as divided a house as you can get in this state. Er... this Commonwealth. :)

mugwump 12-02-2008 08:47 PM

My wife and I both went to Michigan so we have that covered. We do work for two enemy companies so we tend not to talk shop over dinner too much.

Ace$nyper 12-02-2008 09:05 PM

I dumped a girl who hated the phillies.

Granted she cheated on me too, but well, the phillies are the main reason :r