Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   C&D black friget (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23307)

wrench turner 85 10-19-2009 10:30 AM

C&D black friget

C&D black friget is a kick a$$ navy blend that dosent care about your fellings. It made from unsweeten BCA, turkish, and lots of latakia. it very strong with flavor and very very good. the room note, well lets just say your womrens will not enjoy it as much as you will, but it the flavor stays with you from the frist light to the end and ( for me ) does not disapont.

VirtualSmitty 10-19-2009 10:32 AM

Re: C&D black friget

Black Frigate is an old favorite of mine. Give C&Ds Pirate Kake a try too!

wrench turner 85 10-19-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 607002)
Black Frigate is an old favorite of mine. Give C&Ds Pirate Kake a try too!

never had any might have to give it a try

atlharp 10-19-2009 02:39 PM

Black Frigate is a pretty good blend, not a bad smoke overall, but it did have some limitations. I would like to try it again in the future, but I wasn't that impressed with it overall. :2

ATL

VirtualSmitty 10-19-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlharp (Post 607298)
Black Frigate is a pretty good blend, not a bad smoke overall, but it did have some limitations. I would like to try it again in the future, but I wasn't that impressed with it overall. :2

ATL

What limitations? Do you not like latakia?

atlharp 10-23-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 607944)
What limitations? Do you not like latakia?

No, I like Latakia, but I didn't think the blend had the appropriate balance to it. I would probably write that off to the freshness of Wrenchturner's tin. I didn't think it was bad, just not spectacular. :2

ATL

VirtualSmitty 10-23-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlharp (Post 614073)
No, I like Latakia, but I didn't think the blend had the appropriate balance to it. I would probably write that off to the freshness of Wrenchturner's tin. I didn't think it was bad, just not spectacular. :2

ATL

What was unbalanced about it?

atlharp 10-24-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty (Post 614084)
What was unbalanced about it?

It seemed harsh, and bitter on the top end and lacked any type of consistent flavor outside of the unsweetened cavendish. In reality, It was the first real time I have had a Latakia blend muted by another blend on top of it. It seemed like too much cavendish and not enough Latakia. For some reason the Latakia seemed unable to surface in the blend. In reality, I think it had to do with the freshness of the tin, but as I said, I am willing to try it again. :2

ATL

drob 10-31-2009 12:05 AM

Ever since Joe gifted me a tin of this about 2 yrs ago, I've never been without any. One of my top 10, for sure.