Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Water Pillows (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32211)

Chavez15 05-20-2010 03:05 PM

Water Pillows

I went to Vegas a few months back and brought some cigars home with me. I bought a few pillows for the trip home and was just curious as to how long they last. My brother says as long as they're filled they're good, is that true?

I saw one guy at my B&M who had one it wasn't in the pouch, and it looked brownish, he claimed it was because he took his cigars out of the cello. I usually use the boveda pouches but they didn't have any at the time. I know they were only a buck but I dont want to throw them out if they are still good.

kelmac07 05-20-2010 03:18 PM

Re: Water Pillows

I have been using a few for over a year...just keep 'em filled with distilled water every three weeks or so and they are good to go.

Cigary 05-20-2010 03:48 PM

I think the book on these is that they can be used from 3 to 5 times with good results. AFter that there is some diminished results but as long as you use DW they should give you positive results. I've had some that I used at least 5-7 times and after that they were pretty much useless.

Chavez15 05-20-2010 04:11 PM

Any discoloration in them?

kelmac07 05-20-2010 04:15 PM

No discoloration in the ones I have been using.

JJG 05-20-2010 04:28 PM

my local shop sells them for somewhere around $1 ea. so if I get several months use out of one, I consider it a good bargain. never seen any discoloration though, but I can see how that could happen after long term use.

alley00p 05-20-2010 04:49 PM

I've used some for months for my pipe tobacco, re-wetting them when they dry a bit. They haven't discolored, and keep my tabac very well. I've even had a few that dried out and after soaking them for a bit, they worked again.

Famous Cigars has them for $6 a dozen. I usually buy a dozen when I order something from them. I like to stick them in packages that go out.

:dance:

hotreds 05-20-2010 05:54 PM

Could be mold! These will get moldy if you're not careful. I prefer Bovedas, frankly.

NCRadioMan 05-21-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chavez15 (Post 864543)
My brother says as long as they're filled they're good, is that true?

That's been my experience. I have used a number of them for several years with no problems and great results.

chippewastud79 05-21-2010 08:43 AM

Had some from the devil that lasted until I no longer used them (atleast 6 months), with no ill effects, re-filled them many times. They go on sale at the devil for less than 50 cents each if you are studious with bidding. :tu

leasingthisspace 05-21-2010 08:53 AM

I was using them in my ammocanidor for a couple of months until I bought beads. I passed them on to the guy I gave the can to cuz I had upgrade to a cooler. They were good to use in a pinch.