Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Maxwell House or Folgers (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4306)

Tombstone 11-17-2008 08:05 AM

Maxwell House or Folgers

What is the best generic or common man's coffee?

piperman 11-17-2008 10:43 AM

Re: Maxwell House or Folgers

I buy Dukin Dounuts coffee

Tombstone 11-17-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piperman (Post 72604)
I buy Dukin Dounuts coffee

I saw that in the store the other day. I might need to try some

St. Lou Stu 11-17-2008 11:18 AM

Maxwell Hoese SUX BALLZ.

IMHO, of course.

BlackDog 11-17-2008 12:11 PM

Of the canned supermarket stuff, I think Eight O'clock coffee is fairly decent. I can't stand Folgers.

atlharp 11-17-2008 01:42 PM

I love Folgers!

I dump out the coffee in the trash and use the can to pick up brass at the range.

Maxwell House or Folgers?

Thats like saying, "would you prefer jail rape or watching something with Debra Messing in it?"

LOL

ATL

Tombstone 11-17-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlharp (Post 72918)
I love Folgers!

I dump out the coffee in the trash and use the can to pick up brass at the range.

Thats like saying, "would you prefer jail rape or watching something with Debra Messing in it?"

LOL

ATL

LOL...good idea on the brass at the firing range

shilala 11-17-2008 07:21 PM

Folgers gives me immediate and critical heartburn.
I drink Maxwell House Lite as a rule. Today Kerri made some kinda Starbucks African stuff. It was good, but I'd just as soon have Maxwell House. :tu

mikeyj23 11-17-2008 07:27 PM

I drink Maxwell House on a daily/morning basis. I think most people make shitty drip coffee because of their coffee proportions, water and machine. I use good proportions, filtered water and a decent machine and get regular compliments on my coffee. It's just $5.99 Maxwell House. When I have time and am making coffee for ME, I grind fresh coffee and use one of my Moka Pots.

macpappy 11-17-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDog (Post 72767)
Of the canned supermarket stuff, I think Eight O'clock coffee is fairly decent. I can't stand Folgers.

The Eight O'Clock Coffee is pretty good if you buy the whole beans and grind your own.

For a local brand in the south, some of the Community Coffee blends are decent and Luzianne makes a good medium roast.

If you're in the French Quarter though you have to go to Cafe du Monde and have some of their French Market Coffee.

HK3- 11-17-2008 08:13 PM

Folgers at home and Maxwell House in the office. I prefer Folgers.

shrek 11-17-2008 10:10 PM

Folgers is what I brew not the best but after it sits in a thermos for a while they all taste bad

novasurf 11-18-2008 04:11 AM

Is the choice of these based on budget?
If so, check what coffee guru says are the top budget coffees

Mark C 11-18-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlharp (Post 72918)

I think she's kinda cute, I'll take Debra, you can keep your jail rape AND tin-can coffee :D

macpappy 11-18-2008 05:42 AM

Bunch of coffee snobs.

You want bad coffee? The worst coffee I ever had was anything every made on the icebreaker I was stationed on. The mess deck had these two huge coffee pots (5 gallons each, I think) and no matter how hard they tried to clean the pots or what coffee they used, it sucked and usually had like a 1/8 inch oil floating on top. I used to accuse the cooks of cleaning the pots with diesel fuel.

After drinking that stuff for two years, anything made in a clean pot tasted good. (With the exception of the perverse coffee/chickory crap they sell down here.)

icantbejon 11-18-2008 05:53 AM

I'm personally a starbucks guy. I buy it at the store so not as expensive.

muziq 11-18-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macpappy (Post 73614)

If you're in the French Quarter though you have to go to Cafe du Monde and have some of their French Market Coffee.

If I must slum it, I go with CdM. I've been known to pack my own Bialetti and pre-ground coffee for long family trips where the expectation is Folgers, Maxwell, etc every morning. When I'm on vacation, I just can't do that to myself :r

TripleF 11-19-2008 06:38 AM

The coffee in my house is Maxwell House.

SeanGAR 11-19-2008 06:48 AM

I'll take "What would I enjoy less than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick" for 500, Alex.

8 o'clock Columbian is OK for cheap coffee .. Yuban is better than either of those two noted above and can be had at WM reasonably priced although not as cheap as the other 2 noted above.

Tombstone 11-19-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanGAR (Post 76134)

I'll take "What would I enjoy less than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick" for 500, Alex.

8 o'clock Columbian is OK for cheap coffee .. Yuban is better than either of those two noted above and can be had at WM reasonably priced although not as cheap as the other 2 noted above.

Why do you consider Yuban to be a good coffee. I might pick some up this weekend.