Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15368)

skullnrose 05-12-2009 10:36 PM

Re: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story

Great little smokes. Mine are always full of finger prints from the rollers as well.

Jimbo14 05-12-2009 11:11 PM

Great review! I love the Arturo Fuente Hemmingway series and the Don Carlos series. However I havent had the pleasure of a short story yet. My B&M is out of them, but I will get one for sure next time.

Ken 08-12-2011 10:22 PM

I just burnt a Short Story during lunch and I remembered what I liked aobut thiese little perfectos. A good refreshing short smoke. I think I'll have another while I drive to poker night. Fuente makes a good batch of cigars and I don't mind smoking them.

Ogre 08-14-2011 01:46 PM

This is one of my regular smokes!!!!

goalie204 08-14-2011 02:52 PM

one of the few ncs i like, even tho i don't own any ncs

w squared 08-15-2011 08:29 PM

I've smoked two of these (both purchased from my local B+M at exorbitant prices) and I've thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Wonderful construction, even burn, and the unusual shape of the prefecto just plain works for me. I find them to be spot-on what I think a medium bodied cigar should be - they've got enough flavour to hold my interest, but not so much that you need to plan your eating and drinking day around them.

I've also got (most of) a box of Fuente "work of art" maduros...and I am absolutely loving them. They offer the wonderful balance of the "short story", but in a longer smoke, with a little bit more sweetness and depth.

CigarNut 08-15-2011 09:06 PM

The Hemingway cigars are all very good, reliable smokes. :tu

heavyd 08-20-2011 10:46 PM

I need to stop buying the mostly mediocre and expensive "special release" cigars and return to the tried and trusted beauties like these. Thanks for the reminder.

SteelCityBoy 10-03-2011 06:54 PM

Just smoked a short story off fresh of the truck myself! This was my AF in at least 6 years and it was all I remember it to be and more! Now that my palate has evovled a bit more I can truly appreciate this delicious little stick! Makes me want to order a box of the big boys!

liltim 10-03-2011 07:56 PM

The short story is a great smoke. I was lucky enough to find these on base for 5.50 a piece. The rest of their smokes are garbage so I was surprised to find the Hemingways.

Lonely Raven 10-03-2011 08:13 PM

I have a friend bringing one of these over this Wednesday night. Going to sit on the deck with some drinks and he's going to show me some nice smokes.

thecatch83 11-26-2011 09:22 PM

Love these, as I can get them on base in Japan for about $5.....smoke time for me is usually around 45 minutes if I chipmunk!

lenguamor 11-26-2011 10:40 PM

One of the finest NCs made.

Boogie2dope 12-05-2011 10:17 AM

I bought a 5-pack of these off of famous.com. I smoked the last one two nights ago and am sad to see them go. I guess it's time to re-up because these little guys are awesome!

OLS 12-05-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenguamor (Post 1485221)
One of the finest NCs made.

X2 on steroids.

D Man 12-05-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boogie2dope (Post 1492846)
I bought a 5-pack of these off of famous.com. I smoked the last one two nights ago and am sad to see them go. I guess it's time to re-up because these little guys are awesome!

Just come up to Cleveland this weekend I just picked up a box.

Taki 12-05-2011 07:40 PM

Haven't had one yet but its getting seasoned in the ol' Humi :tu

thecatch83 12-06-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taki (Post 1493538)
Haven't had one yet but its getting seasoned in the ol' Humi :tu

Tis' the season http://www.emoticonsworld.org/data/m..._dancing_1.gif

Stinky 12-06-2011 10:19 PM

I'm partial to Cameroon wrapped cigars. The Short Story is great when your time is limited.

BTW:
The ". . . sweetness of the tobacco . . . " you tasted on your lips is sugar. Yep, they add sugar to the glue on the Arturo Fuente Hemingway series. Really! Go taste one! :)

never_enough 12-06-2011 10:37 PM

I'm considering making the short story my first box purchase.