Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hot Weather Pipe Smoking (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=69780)

The.Sheepdog 06-13-2015 05:33 PM

Hot Weather Pipe Smoking

This morning the outside temp at 8am was 88* (with humidity feels like 93*)

All today the no rain no wind temp was in the upper 90's where I live. (over 100* with humidity)

I smoked this morning but didnt really enjoy it much. I dont think Trout Stream has a lot of Nic. I couldnt go out the rest of the day and even now at 730pm the temp is 88* feeling like 93* no wind and dry.

Just cant do it. I might have to start smoking the pipe in the car!

Tomorrow is said to be 95* before adjustment for humidity. Low tonight is 74 until 6am. I might also have to get up early!

The weather here is not normal this year. August is our hottest month and has not been as hot as it is now. I can only dread whats coming!

Hope you all are more comfortable!

MarkinAZ 06-14-2015 07:35 PM

Re: Hot Weather Pipe Smoking

Hello Bill, you may want to readjust your lifestyle temporarily, and start a pipe session somewhere between 200am and 300am:D Just a thought:gl

The.Sheepdog 06-14-2015 07:49 PM

yep thought about that! wife wont let me! Gonna wait till 9am I guess. Needs to rain here !

WhiteMamba 06-14-2015 07:52 PM

My garage stays a little cooler here in Indiana. As long as I'm in there things are great but outside is miserable as I imagine central Florida it. In my opinion pipes are better in the fall weather. Hope you can work something out

MarkinAZ 06-14-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog (Post 2040082)
yep thought about that! wife wont let me! Gonna wait till 9am I guess. Needs to rain here !

...:tu

badbriar 06-14-2015 08:10 PM

Bill - not sure where in central FL you are (Orlando)?
If so, find a cigar / pipe friendly pub and enjoy a bowl or cigar in the A/C!
Bull & Bush in the Milk District across from TG Lee dairy is a superb place.
:tu

The.Sheepdog 06-15-2015 10:57 AM

Good idea Rob. The milk district/airport area is a bit far for me tho. I live between Otown and Daytona bch. Almost in the middle. I will look closer and may find one in the Heathrow area since that area is about money.

Curly Cut 11-02-2015 11:46 AM

sounds like KC in the summer as well. i've been to Orlando a few times now, and not much difference in temp/humidity in the summer, oddly enough.

i get what you're saying, i just use to suck it up and sweat it out on my back deck... i'd take a fan and plug it in and aim it at me. i'd still sweat like a whore in church.

i went on vacation to Montana in '07, they had a record heat wave up there, was over 100* but super low humidity. the locals were all jacked up, but i was standing outside, smoking a Sasieni 4 dot for about an hour... felt nice out compared to the 80% RH and same temp back home.