Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why did you guys have to mention the devil site (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58792)

PearlS4 10-24-2012 05:28 PM

Why did you guys have to mention the devil site

I'm in deep now, after a few small 5 pack orders a while back my winning list for this week looks to be 300+ bucks. The funny thing is that my desktop is stuffed, I guess I'll be turning one of my old coolers into storage while I shop for a wineador. :eek:

icehog3 10-24-2012 05:31 PM

Re: Why did you guys have to mention the devil site

I never said chit.

N2 GOLD 10-24-2012 05:50 PM

How about some,

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ElgJsS0CFsZIie

lenguamor 10-24-2012 05:53 PM

:r Good luck, and when you want to kick the addiction we'll be here for you. :D

omowasu 10-24-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearlS4 (Post 1738456)
I'm in deep now, after a few small 5 pack orders a while back my winning list for this week looks to be 300+ bucks. The funny thing is that my desktop is stuffed, I guess I'll be turning one of my old coolers into storage while I shop for a wineador. :eek:

Just make sure you are getting sticks you like and want to age. Otherwise you will have them sitting around for a loooooong while, especially if your tastes change :2

Mattso3000 10-24-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omowasu (Post 1738488)
Just make sure you are getting sticks you like and want to age. Otherwise you will have them sitting around for a loooooong while, especially if your tastes change :2

Yup. This years impulse buys easily become next years troop donations.

PearlS4 10-24-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omowasu (Post 1738488)

True that. Getting a few boxes of some sticks that I know I do like after smoking a few fivers of them. Some of the purchase are just spur of the moment crap too, like tabletop lighters and such:)

CoffeeWaterBeer 10-24-2012 07:02 PM

I'm being eyeballed by the GF right now for browsing that place. hahhaa

RobR1205 10-24-2012 07:13 PM

As a recovering addict, I can personally say the only thing that keeps me from buying a bunch of "ehh" or "decent" sticks/fivers at a super low price is that I can always end up using the bill total on a box or two of high end NCs or CCs that I REALLY enjoy. Plus all the cigars that enjoy, such as Fuente and Padron, as typically way over MSRP by the time people are done bidding. Compare to pretty much any site and see for yourself. Now, I usually just stick to buying boveda packets, butane, or 70/70 juice when it's cheap on that site. Hope that helps!

timj219 10-24-2012 07:33 PM

I hadn't succumbed in months until I saw this thread. Now my order ships tomorrow!

maninblack 10-24-2012 07:43 PM

I quit using the devil site two years ago. I have many of those smokes still buried in my humi. Crazy how tastes change so much. And buying habits also.

whodeeni 10-30-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maninblack (Post 1738551)
I quit using the devil site two years ago. I have many of those smokes still buried in my humi. Crazy how tastes change so much. And buying habits also.

I think it depends on what you're looking for Kevin, sometimes you can find
some "hidden gems" there. ;)

LasciviousXXX 10-30-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PearlS4 (Post 1738456)
I guess I'll be turning one of my old coolers into storage while I shop for a wineador. :eek:

Welcome to the fold :tu

Hem 10-30-2012 12:39 PM

I was able to leave that site in the dust a few months back. I only have around a 150 count and a small spare so I try to keep that stacked with only premium and ultra premium sticks. :)

PearlS4 10-30-2012 12:45 PM

I got a smoking deal on boxes of La Riqueza #4's and MyFather #2's this weekend.

LT_Blueshine 11-01-2012 12:40 AM

It doesn't help when you have a competitive nature and take each outbidding as a personal attack. But there is a definite manical laugh when I win.

RobR1205 11-02-2012 08:59 PM

Damn! I broke for the first time in months! Box of 3 God of Fire Carlito Churchills for $40. I'd say that's a good day...