Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Who has a Keurig coffee pot? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26693)

MrsSledn 12-30-2009 02:19 PM

Who has a Keurig coffee pot?

I just bought one for Sledn for Christmas. So far he LOVES it!

I was looking around at different web sites that sell the K Cups. Is there a specific site any of you like?

Also do any of you have the K cup reusable filters or the my caps? Prefer one over the other?

Anthem 12-30-2009 02:26 PM

Re: Who has a Keurig coffee pot?

You can check out: www.greenmountaincoffee.com

I have used the K Cup Reusable filter with coffee that I've bought from Costco and it works great.

I just got my Keurig earlier this month, so I'm still sampling a lot of varieties. One of the varieties that I like is the Green Mountain Nantucket Blend - this is considered a Medium Roast variety.

Tombstone 12-30-2009 02:27 PM

I really like the Keurig Coffee Machines. I have been wanting one for a while now. Great gift for your husband.

Sailchaser 12-30-2009 02:34 PM

We have one and I love it
If you have Bed Bath and beyond store in your aera they have the cheapist coffee around us especially if you use the 20-40% off coupons available in the sunday paper or print them off line

68TriShield 12-30-2009 02:35 PM

We just got one too from the SIL.
It's a pretty neat product. Shop around for the pods,the prices vary widely and the big box stores are not always cheapest.

Savvy 12-30-2009 03:15 PM

I got one for Christmas from my parents. I like it a lot. It's very convenient, easy to clean up after, I start it up when I get up and have my coffee ready for the morning when I head into work. Great product so far. The K-cups are only a little annoying, paying a little more for the convenience of it all is fine with me. I've bought my K-cups from BB&B so far, but I'll keep looking for other places as well.

Mr.Goodfella 12-30-2009 03:20 PM

My wife got me one for my birthday and I love it. I use this site:
http://www.greatcoffee.com/
They have just about everything if not everything.

ashtonlady 12-30-2009 04:55 PM

And if you get reusable filters then you can put Fresh roast coffee in it.

MrsSledn 12-31-2009 01:46 PM

I didn't realize Bed, Bath, and Beyond sold them.

I did check out Greatcoffee.com. I received a coupon for buy 4 and get free shipping.

I will have to check out greenmountaincoffee.com.

Thanks everyone.

huero71 12-31-2009 09:41 PM

My wife bought me one for Christmas, I love it. If you go the the Keurig website and register it online, you get a pretty good deal on the k-cups. Buy 4 boxes, get 2 of the 4 free, 10% off the other two, and free shipping. I registered and ordered Monday, got 4 boxes (96 k-cups) today. $25.11 total. :banger

MrsSledn 01-01-2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huero71 (Post 701932)
My wife bought me one for Christmas, I love it. If you go the the Keurig website and register it online, you get a pretty good deal on the k-cups. Buy 4 boxes, get 2 of the 4 free, 10% off the other two, and free shipping. I registered and ordered Monday, got 4 boxes (96 k-cups) today. $25.11 total. :banger

Hubby did the same exact thing. I wonder how long it is going to take to receive them. I can't wait to have some tea! LOL I can't drink coffee so I want the tea kcups he ordered.

huero71 01-01-2010 07:46 PM

Mine shipped 2 days after I ordered them. I got them the next day. But I'm only 3 hours or so north of where they shipped out of. Hope you get yours soon. :tu

GreekGodX 01-01-2010 07:57 PM

I got one for Christmas and love it :tu

So far my favorites are the caribou blend, newmans organic extra bold, and theres a green mountain coffee that I like that I can't think of.

Amazon has them onsale right now amazon link
You get 50 cups for around 20 bucks. Great deal. My favs from here are the jet fuel and wake up call. Add coupon KCUP93O6 for 10% off. If you subscribe to their shipping program you get another 15% off.

jaycarla 01-01-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailchaser (Post 700230)
We have one and I love it
If you have Bed Bath and beyond store in your aera they have the cheapist coffee around us especially if you use the 20-40% off coupons available in the sunday paper or print them off line

I LOVE mine!! The Bunn and the Cuisinart grinder are in a closet.

BBB is the best place I have found, especially with the 20% coupon and the $5 off $15. If you get 3 boxes you can use both the same visit too.

Lots online too.

Walmart carries 3-4 kinds too, which isn't much but it makes me think that it won't be long and they will have a large selection also.

Costco also carries a large box of Tully French Roast which is awesome, may be different by location but it is the cheapest you can get them if you factor it per K cup.

68TriShield 01-02-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSledn (Post 703125)
Hubby did the same exact thing. I wonder how long it is going to take to receive them. I can't wait to have some tea! LOL I can't drink coffee so I want the tea kcups he ordered.

The Celestial Seasonings Green Tea is very good.Much better taste than the Earl Gray imo.

icantbejon 01-02-2010 01:44 PM

I'll join the rest of the crew. I got mine this Christmas as well, from my parents. I love it. They are great or a pre-work travel mug so you don't have to make a whole pot. I've liked quite a few of the different blends so far, and the GM hot chocolate is pretty darn tasty.

Thanks for the heads up on registering the maker for the coffee discount, just did that.

Salvelinus 01-03-2010 05:34 PM

The keurig/greenmountain coffee club seems to be the best deal going that I have found. Buy enough and they send you free stuff too.

I switched to the filters though, didn't like throwing all the little cups out. Filters tend to get gummed up if you grind the coffee too fine.

MichaelJ 01-03-2010 05:44 PM

We've had our Keurig for a couple of years and still love it.

We get our coffee here....good variety, fast shipping.

http://www.bigcatcoffees.com/

jaycarla 01-03-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelJ (Post 706041)
We've had our Keurig for a couple of years and still love it.

We get our coffee here....good variety, fast shipping.

http://www.bigcatcoffees.com/

Thanks for the link!

Question/thread jack. The link above has a spot about descaling the pot every 6 months. Is this needed if you are already using filtered water? Is cheap and I will probably do it anyway, just curious.

germantown rob 01-04-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycarla (Post 706362)
Thanks for the link!

Question/thread jack. The link above has a spot about descaling the pot every 6 months. Is this needed if you are already using filtered water? Is cheap and I will probably do it anyway, just curious.

I like Urnex Cleancaf for cleaning both the espresso machine and the drip. It is very low impact so I will use it often. If your water is very hard then a stronger descaler may be needed like Urnex Dezcal Activated Descaler.
http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.coffeecleaner.php

A britta filter will alter hardness slightly for the 1st 3 weeks but not after that. This is much more important in an espresso machine then a drip machine but excessive build up is going to keep your elements from heating proper and impart taste. Purr filter have no effect on hardness. Zero water claims to reduce harness 0.

Here is a little something on water. http://www.big-rick.com/coffee/waterfaq.html