Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Fridge died / rant (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45506)

Drez 05-12-2011 08:51 AM

Fridge died / rant

Well got back late last night from my 4 day trip to Orlando with my girl and low and behold when I walk into our apartment I can smell something odd in the air. My first thought was that my girlfriends sister (who had come by a couple times we were gone to feed out pets) might have left something out or forgot to take out some trash.

Well no

I open the fridge to put in a bottle of water and bam!!!! Hot stinky air. Seeing as it was 12 am no one was at the maint office so here I am filling 3 yes 3 large black trash bags with spoiled food.

Now the few dollars I was able to save on out trip that I was gonna buy a couple smokes with has to be spent on restocking a WHOLE fridge/freezer.

Sorry guys I'm just a little ticked off that this happened while i was gone and therefore lost all of our chicken, meat and fish along with everything that was in the fridge.

Ok I'm done

/end rant

kelmac07 05-12-2011 08:55 AM

Re: Fridge died / rant

Sorry to hear Frank.

Drez 05-12-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1260211)
Sorry to hear Frank.

Yea the maint man came by not to long ago and said the compressor took a crap so they have to replace the whole fridge which should come in tomorrow.

I said I don't care it's not like I have food on ice or anything it all went bad and is in trash bags in the dumpster.

O well

kelmac07 05-12-2011 09:06 AM

On the bright side...you get to go food shopping!! :D :D

Drez 05-12-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1260232)
On the bright side...you get to go food shopping!! :D :D

Yay..............….................:pu

cmitch 05-12-2011 09:15 AM

What was the brand of fridge? Frigidaire Gallery or a GE?

Drez 05-12-2011 09:20 AM

Whirlpoo I mean whirlpool.

hscmit 05-12-2011 09:26 AM

sorry to hear it frank

icehog3 05-12-2011 09:45 AM

That sure sucks to come home to....sorry it happened, Frank.

Christiel49 05-12-2011 09:52 AM

Sorry to hear that Frank!!

I feel your pain borther. I came home for a trip to the beach a couple of years ago & the compressor went bad in my chest freezer!!!!! Oh, let's say several deer, wild turkeys and lots of pork and chix....not to mention all my frozen goodies....sunday gravy, lasagna, veggies, soups!!!

My suggestion...resotck what is necessary and try not to think about it again. Just the memories of filling up those bags of food makes me angry

Best of luck .

Drez 05-12-2011 09:58 AM

yea it sucks but like i told my girlfriend what could you do.

the new fridge wont be here till tomorrow so i guess we will just eat take out tonight and then hit up the grocery store tomorrow.

BC-Axeman 05-12-2011 10:06 AM

Perfect! Turn the dead fridge into a humidor.:banger

nofeardiver 05-12-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drez (Post 1260209)
Now the few dollars I was able to save on out trip that I was gonna buy a couple smokes

What kind of smokes? :tt Just curious!!!

Drez 05-12-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofeardiver (Post 1260362)
What kind of smokes? :tt Just curious!!!

I dunno I was thinking of picking up a few tats or seeing what I could snag online or at the b&m.

TBone 05-12-2011 12:30 PM

You must be new to appliances crapping out, they never go when your home they wait you out until you go away for a few days and then they go....Happened to me in the Philippines just got back from a weekend of diving for fish we left on Monday came back Weds. and the Fridge died sometime Monday afternoon...talk about gag. So I feel your rant...

justonemorestick 05-12-2011 04:03 PM

Sorry to hear that but that is why we try to eat everything in the fridge/freezers before going out of town for a while. Just think of it this way that bottle of ketchup was expired and needed to be tossed anyway.

Blueface 05-12-2011 04:09 PM

That sucks but hey, living in Florida, South Florida to be specific, Miami to be yet more specific, food going to waste in a fridge is a potentially common occurrence between June 1st and November 30th.
On the bright side, be glad it wasn't something like Andrew for you or Wilma for me in Boca where it took out my roof and screen enclosure, along with my food thanks to 10 days with no electricity, with a $5K deductible to boot.

emopunker2004 05-12-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drez (Post 1260399)
I dunno I was thinking of picking up a few tats or seeing what I could snag online or at the b&m.

oooo reeeeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyyy:D

forgop 05-12-2011 06:09 PM

If you replace it, search craiglist for someone to come pick it up. There are people searching for dead appliances to haul away for free here.

emopunker2004 05-12-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgop (Post 1260791)
If you replace it, search craiglist for someone to come pick it up. There are people searching for dead appliances to haul away for free here.

i'm sure the landlord is doing that though