Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   For iPad Owners -- A Question... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=43294)

CigarNut 03-05-2011 12:02 PM

For iPad Owners -- A Question...

I have encountered a problem with the Safari browser when entering text into a field that would normally have scrollbars, but does not have the scrollbars on the iPad.

Responding to a long post on Cigar Asylum is an example. If you try to "scroll" using Safari it will scroll the entire page -- I have not been able to find a way to scroll the text within the field where you enter your response.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

aich75013 03-05-2011 12:08 PM

Re: For iPad Owners -- A Question...

I haven't come across this yet, but how about when you hold your finger down (to get a magnifying glass) and then sliding your finger up/down. Would that work?
Actually, I just tried it and it's slow, but it works.
Also, you can use the double up/down arrows on the top right of the post menu to expand the message.

CigarNut 03-05-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aich75013 (Post 1194442)
I haven't come across this yet, but how about when you hold your finger down (to get a magnifying glass) and then sliding your finger up/down. Would that work?Actually, I just tried it and it's slow, but it works.Also, you can use the double up/down arrows on the top right of the post menu to expand the message.

I tried both of those ideas before and just tried them again, and could not get the magnifier to go past the edge of the text-entry box...

Blueface 03-05-2011 02:29 PM

I use to have the same problem with both iPad and iPhone.
The up down arrows on the top are of a reply where bold and so on are found takes care of it. I use the down one.
It is found on extreme right on the top line where font size is located.

CigarNut 03-05-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 1194556)
The up down arrows on the top are of a reply where bold and so on are found takes care of it. I use the down one.

Have not noticed those arrows before; when I can get my wife's iPad away from her again I will give it a try.

Thanks Carlos!

montecristo#2 03-05-2011 09:13 PM

I have this same problem replying to private messages. I will have to look for arrows as well. My android phone handles this better.

I have found the magnifying trick to work the best but it is slow.

aich75013 03-06-2011 08:06 AM

Those were the double arrows I was referring to. I was going attach a pic, but got a little distracted.
Posted via Mobile Device

CigarNut 03-06-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueface (Post 1194556)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1194587)
Have not noticed those arrows before; when I can get my wife's iPad away from her again I will give it a try.

Thanks Carlos!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aich75013 (Post 1195422)
Those were the double arrows I was referring to. I was going attach a pic, but got a little distracted.
Posted via Mobile Device

I found the double arrows and I see that they make the text entry box larger (or smaller). That works fine for CA but now I need to find a solution for my Webmail app (SmarterMail). :)

Thanks for the tip!