Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Jokes (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How Many CA Members Does it Take (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22088)

Starscream 09-25-2009 06:46 AM

How Many CA Members Does it Take

How many CA members does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Two to remark that the older model lightbulbs were better made and lasted longer.

Six to post a video of someone changing a lightbulb from YouTube.

One to have accumulated around 6,000 posts, 5,987 of which read ":tpd:!"

Nine to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Three to correct spelling/grammar errors.

Four to say that just because some brands of lightbulbs have an extra safety system designed to prevent breakage when dropped, they're just junk.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Six to obsess about their post count, and to think that since they have more posts than anyone else they're smarter.

One to somehow confuse Thomas Edison, inventer of the lightbulb, with God.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Two to say that that brand flickers too much, and that their brand is more reliable.

One to get offended and whine about how they love their lightbulb, so everyone else should just leave it alone.

Ten to offer home lightbulbsmithing advice that's probably destined to get someone electrocuted.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

One to start their statement with "Not to hijack this thread or anything, but...." and then immediately and shamelessly hijack the thread.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Ten to constantly debate whether lightbulbs that come in packs of 7 or packs of 8 are more reliable.

Wun membr 2 misspel evre worde, uv thare poste and, two putt punkshuation inall tha rong, plases.

Two to say that if it were their lightbulb they'd modify it, reassuring the owner that it only "takes twenty minutes at the kitchen counter", selectively leaving out the fact that it also takes $250.

Thirteen to multi-quote all posts in their entirety including all headers, pictures and signatures, and add "Me too", "+1" or "".

One to complain about how the Liberals are trying to take their lightbulbs away.

Eight to say that anyone that doesn't use a 45 watt bulb is an idiot.

Three to claim that the 9 watts are better because more come in a single package.

Two to think up a clever joke that involves Rosie O'Donnell choking on a "bad clam" or a "fish taco".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Six to say that the lightbulb's finish is going to wear off unless the owner gets it hard-chromed.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting dumb questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

One to claim that their preferred maker of lightbulbs made them first, and to write off custom made lightbulbs costing three to five times as much as "just copies".

Ten to say that this lightbub company uses inferior parts, and to claim their lightbulbs are better.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated and start it all over again....

kelmac07 09-25-2009 06:59 AM

Re: How Many CA Members Does it Take

:r:r:r:r

TheTraveler 09-25-2009 07:31 AM

Very funny and I take your point.

But let me just point out that around CA there are usually only 2 or 3 posters in a thread that will point out spelling and grammar errors, not the 9 you claim. Then usually only 1 person will actually post a corrected version, not the 2 or 3 you claim.

Also, to claim that 19 of us would dogpile on one OP to tell them they've posted in the wrong thread or forum is preposterous. We're much more civil here and only 1 or 2 will post such a thing in a thread before someone contacts a moderator. It seems you think ill of us.

Finally, your post completely misses the 3 or 4 that will speak up for CFL bulbs, and the 1 or 2 who've gone "off the grid" and use solar power almost exclusively. Please research your subject a little more before posting in such haste and missing the obvious.

Oh, and this thread belongs in General Discussion, not Jokes, because light bulbs are a serious matter, preceded only by the state of the polar ice caps on Mars and the health and well-being of Paris Hilton's dog.

J/K of course.

:r :r

:tu for a funny post. :D

Skywalker 09-25-2009 07:36 AM

:tpd:

:r

14holestogie 09-25-2009 07:39 AM

:r:r

...and the bulbs from a 50 case box are much brighter than those from the fancy "dress" boxes.

Starscream 09-25-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTraveler (Post 567072)

But let me just point out that around CA there are usually only 2 or 3 posters in a thread that will point out spelling and grammar errors, not the 9 you claim. Then usually only 1 person will actually post a corrected version, not the 2 or 3 you claim.

Also, to claim that 19 of us would dogpile on one OP to tell them they've posted in the wrong thread or forum is preposterous. We're much more civil here and only 1 or 2 will post such a thing in a thread before someone contacts a moderator. It seems you think ill of us.

Finally, your post completely misses the 3 or 4 that will speak up for CFL bulbs, and the 1 or 2 who've gone "off the grid" and use solar power almost exclusively. Please research your subject a little more before posting in such haste and missing the obvious.

Oh, and this thread belongs in General Discussion, not Jokes, because light bulbs are a serious matter, preceded only by the state of the polar ice caps on Mars and the health and well-being of Paris Hilton's dog.

J/K of course.

I thought you were serious there for a moment.
In all actuality, all of these things don't apply to CA, as the members here are in general well behaved. I still thought much of it did apply to this place though.

T.G 09-25-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 567037)
:r:r:r

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 567077)
:tpd:

:r

+1

ActionAndy 09-25-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14holestogie (Post 567082)
:r:r

...and the bulbs from a 50 case box are much brighter than those from the fancy "dress" boxes.

I don't even want to think about bulbs from an online retailer.

Mugen910 09-25-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTraveler (Post 567072)

J/K of course.

DOG PILE :r

TheTraveler 09-25-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 567098)
I thought you were serious there for a moment.
In all actuality, all of these things don't apply to CA, as the members here are in general well behaved. I still thought much of it did apply to this place though.

No no, totally kidding. I thought it was very funny! :D

Giant & 49er Fan 09-25-2009 08:27 AM

WOW! Just Wow!

Starscream 09-25-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTraveler (Post 567141)
No no, totally kidding. I thought is was very funny! :D

It's only funny if you read it in a B&M, but you decided to read it online.:D

mmblz 09-25-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 567012)
Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Are you saying the admins are a bunch of softies?
;)

Mugen910 09-25-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmblz (Post 567212)
;)

:tu

:tf

Blindjimme 09-25-2009 09:30 AM

Ha! That was priceless! ( price less ? ) Very funny stuff Andy, great start to a Friday morning :l

yourchoice 09-25-2009 09:50 AM

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I am a member of another forum where a post like this really caused some hard feelings between a couple of guys causing one of them to leave the forum. Sad......

J/K - funny stuff! :r

icehog3 09-25-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 567012)
How many CA members does it take to change a lightbulb?

obsess about their post count, and to think that since they have more posts than anyone else they're smarter.

This isn't fact?

;) :r :r :r

markem 09-25-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 567355)
This isn't fact?

No, you need BOTH high post count (and low word count) as well as many, mnay smoke rings.

Post count and smoke rings ruul. :banger http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs6/i/200...urtonearny.gif

Starscream 09-25-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmblz (Post 567212)
;)

Are you defending my post?;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 567355)
This isn't fact?

;) :r

Only for Douchebags.:banger

icehog3 09-25-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysutherland (Post 567382)

Only for Douchebags.:banger

Busted. :r