Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spanish Cedar trays for a Herf-A-Dor? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71173)

borndead1 02-25-2016 11:20 PM

Spanish Cedar trays for a Herf-A-Dor?

I just got a 15-count Herf-A-Dor. I like it, but I'm not a big fan of the foam dividers because I store my cigars nekkid and don't want them sitting on foam. I could swear I've seen small trays that fit into small travel humidors. Can anybody help?

CigarNut 02-26-2016 08:34 AM

Re: Spanish Cedar trays for a Herf-A-Dor?

I have not seen cedar trays that small, but you could use the cedar sheets that you often find in cigar boxes.

As for the foam, I like it as it protects my cigars should the box get bounced around in my car or where-ever.

stearns 02-26-2016 08:40 AM

I always take the foam out, load all my cigars n the bottom (mostly naked as well), then turn the divider foam upside down and put it on top of all the contents, that way they are a little more snug and can't move around too much. Some of the bigger humis have trays similar to what you're talking about, and I'm sure somebody makes them in a 15ct size, if not just go custom made somewhere :tu

AdamJoshua 02-26-2016 09:02 AM

Joining the gang, never heard of any trays that small. I usually leave the bottom foam in and have my cigars in single or five finger bags in there.

Sooner 02-26-2016 12:03 PM

I leave the foam in to protect the cigars. I use mine 10 count for fishing and what not, so it gets some good jostling. My 40 count will definitely have the foam left in.

I just got some thin cider strips to put inside, to give it that nice smell.

nutcracker 02-26-2016 12:13 PM

So gents - is there interest in cedar trays for that purpose. I can custom some up on a CNC machine. I would only buy the cedar if a few folks interested......

bobarian 02-26-2016 12:54 PM

I would layer in the cedar sheets from boxes and the foam to keep things from rolling around. Trays would reduce both the number and size of cigars you can keep in the case.

T.G 02-26-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borndead1 (Post 2076928)
I just got a 15-count Herf-A-Dor. I like it, but I'm not a big fan of the foam dividers because I store my cigars nekkid and don't want them sitting on foam. I could swear I've seen small trays that fit into small travel humidors. Can anybody help?

I sort of recall seeing single layer "cosmetics case" style travel humidors that had wood trays built in being sold on cbid like 8-10 years ago. But I don't recall ever seeing individual trays made out of wood. Doesn't mean they aren't out there, I just don't remember them.

T.G 02-26-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker (Post 2076987)
So gents - is there interest in cedar trays for that purpose. I can custom some up on a CNC machine. I would only buy the cedar if a few folks interested......

I might be interested depending on the size. My Halliburton Diplomat (the small 9 count one) interior is starting to fall apart. If I have to pull the plastic slats out to reattach them, I might just upgrade it.

stearns 02-26-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2077003)
I sort of recall seeing single layer "cosmetics case" style travel humidors that had wood trays built in being sold on cbid like 8-10 years ago. But I don't recall ever seeing individual trays made out of wood. Doesn't mean they aren't out there, I just don't remember them.

I recall something similar. They were very cheap looking, and didn't appear to hold humidity well at all, basically two piece of wood similar to a cigar mold it some sort of shoddy material on the outside. I bet a really well made one would be pretty cool, something around the same size as the hali diplomat, but for now I am content with the 15 other travel humis I have :D

Wharf Rat 02-26-2016 04:17 PM

You might be able to buy a box of cigars that has individual dividers and adapt the pieces...

borndead1 02-26-2016 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat (Post 2077018)
You might be able to buy a box of cigars that has individual dividers and adapt the pieces...

Oh no, you mean I'll have to buy a box of cigars?

:D

borndead1 02-26-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker (Post 2076987)

For sure. I'd buy a couple.