Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Wine, Beer, and Spirits (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=56919)

CigarDojo 07-11-2012 04:13 PM

Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon

I just picked up some Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon.

I've never had it. I hear it's really, really good.

Anyone have it? What am I in for?

Frodo 07-11-2012 11:47 PM

Re: Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon

I've had samples from quite a few bottles and my opinions varied. One was the best bourbon I've had yet - another was just plum ordinary. This is the variety of single-cask bottlings but there seems to be significant variation in this brand to my palate...

Bill86 07-11-2012 11:55 PM

It's good, but different...overall I was happy to have bought one bottle but I wouldn't buy it again.

It didn't blow my mind that is for sure.

Parshooter 07-12-2012 07:38 AM

I like me some Blanton's. Next time you go to the store, see how many different stoppers they have. I think there are 6 or 8 different jockey/horse poses available.

AD720 07-12-2012 07:40 AM

One of my favorites for sipping. I take it neat with just a couple drops of water to open it up. It's pretty dry and spicy while staying fairly mild with little burn.

LockOut 07-12-2012 08:01 AM

the stoppers each have a letter on them, you can get a piece of barrel drilled from them to put the stoppers in to spell....what else...blantons.

Some bottles i have had have been great, some have been just ok. The price you pay for single barrel bourbon. Now if only i could try some of their other stuff only sold on the international market.

forgop 07-12-2012 08:57 AM

I haven't seen it myself, but word is that it's available at some Costco's for $39.99. I've only tried 3-4 bourbons and I liked it.

rlmedic 07-12-2012 09:10 AM

I enjoy it. It has more spice/less sweetness then say Buffalo Trace, my day to day favorite or Basil Haydens, very mild, but on a cool night with a good smoke its one of my top 5.

AD720 07-12-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlmedic (Post 1678239)
I enjoy it. It has more spice/less sweetness then say Buffalo Trace, my day to day favorite or Basil Haydens, very mild, but on a cool night with a good smoke its one of my top 5.

All time favorite. :tu

MarkinAZ 07-12-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgop (Post 1678228)
I haven't seen it myself, but word is that it's available at some Costco's for $39.99. I've only tried 3-4 bourbons and I liked it.

Looking on the BevMo site out this way reveals no Single Barrel on their site, but they do have Blanton's Bourbon in the 750 ml for $45.99. The Single Barrel sounds interesting...