Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Bought first Pipe today! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68567)

ksknnr 12-16-2014 02:00 PM

Bought first Pipe today!

Well, I have been lurking in this forum for a while, and decided to pull the trigger today and a few starter kits from CI. Should be here in a few days along with a few different tobacco's, can't wait to jump in.

The.Sheepdog 12-16-2014 02:12 PM

Re: Bought first Pipe today!

cant wait to see it! What tobacco are you planning?

ksknnr 12-16-2014 02:17 PM

I bought the Dr. Grabow Starter Kit and Brylon Starter kits, both have 3 different ones in the kits, going be a coin toss for the first one.

nutcracker 12-16-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksknnr (Post 2006009)
I bought the Dr. Grabow Starter Kit and Brylon Starter kits, both have 3 different ones in the kits, going be a coin toss for the first one.

That's like a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the sea.....

A good start!

hotreds 12-16-2014 07:59 PM

Best wishes on your wonderful journey! And remember:

http://smokingpipetobacco.com/wp-con...pe-smoking.jpg

ksknnr 12-17-2014 12:00 PM

Well it looks like I am going to have to wait a little longer to start up. Got an e-mail from CI today, both starter kits I ordered and were confirmed in stock, are both on Back Order now. Oh well, a few more weeks won't kill me I guess.

ApexAZ 12-17-2014 12:56 PM

Well, congrats on your new pipe order! And sorry to hear you have to wait a little longer. Perhaps you could grab a cob from walgreens if you want to dabble while you wait?

The.Sheepdog 12-17-2014 03:03 PM

Does walgreens even carry tobacco products anymore?

ApexAZ 12-17-2014 03:05 PM

I think so. CVS does not though.

WaRevo 12-17-2014 06:59 PM

Rite Aide in my Area still does. Sad that the price for some of the tobacco they carry is sooooooo Crazy in price lol. 76 for 14oz of Captain Black Gold makes me wonder if they really want to sale the tobacco. It won't stay fresh forever... Some of the Bag Tobaccos they have i my area are about the right price maybe a couple of dollars more then online retailers but I can get it now... The Cob prices are a dollar or 2 more but again if I want a cob don't want to wait or get more stuff for free shipping RA is just fine. Now the last question! do I really need anymore pipes...... Keep telling my wife I do lol...

James

The.Sheepdog 12-17-2014 07:05 PM

After Christmas I think I will need a new pipe or two. I might even get a bag of those cheap corn cobs 10 or so. You can never have too many pipes you know!

MarkinAZ 12-17-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksknnr (Post 2006005)
Well, I have been lurking in this forum for a while, and decided to pull the trigger today and a few starter kits from CI. Should be here in a few days along with a few different tobacco's, can't wait to jump in.

Congratulations Kevin. When P&C does their re-stock and you receive it, you can always post your sampler here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10932

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexAZ (Post 2006215)
Well, congrats on your new pipe order! And sorry to hear you have to wait a little longer. Perhaps you could grab a cob from walgreens if you want to dabble while you wait?

Great suggestion Brian! Walgreen's does indeed carry corn cobs. They are the Missouri Meerschaum Legends in straight and bent stems, along with some various tobacco blends (OTC stuff). Each Walgreens is different in the amount of cobs they carry, but Kevin should check that out while he waits:2

ksknnr 12-18-2014 06:50 AM

Thanks to a great guy on this thread, I will not have to wait as long as I thought. I will post some pictures soon!

badbriar 12-21-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksknnr (Post 2006399)
Thanks to a great guy on this thread, I will not have to wait as long as I thought. I will post some pictures soon!

You're killing us with anticipation! Did ya get bombed???

:np

ksknnr 12-22-2014 11:01 AM

not yet, but I did get notice my B/O items should be shipping any day. Will post pics ASAP

WhiteMamba 12-22-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 2007082)
You're killing us with anticipation! Did ya get bombed???

:np

What he said!

nutcracker 12-22-2014 01:08 PM

:po

The.Sheepdog 12-22-2014 01:34 PM

:po

:ss

ksknnr 12-22-2014 03:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well that wasn't very fair, hit twice in one day. Wow, you guys are alright, Nel(nutcracker) and Michael (whitemamba)
Got home today to these great finds. Pipes are due to be here wednesday, but I am heading to Walgreens now for a cob!

Thank you very much guys, very generous. But be careful now I have your addresses for payback:banger

Both great gifts, thank you very much!

WhiteMamba 12-22-2014 04:08 PM

Smoke them in good health brother :tu