Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63206)

badbriar 08-20-2013 04:29 PM

Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project

How about this one...worth getting a box? :confused:
Thx!
RR

Zane 08-20-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Ramon Bueso Genesis The Project

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 1875534)
How about this one...worth getting a box? :confused:
Thx!
RR

If you like a Maduro then you should get 3 boxes! :r

Sweet_Leaf_PDX 08-20-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane (Post 1875538)
If you like a Maduro then you should get 3 boxes! :r

:tpd:

Lockspur 08-20-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX (Post 1875540)

Dunkel 08-20-2013 05:12 PM

I loves 'em!! Definately box worthy.

BeerAdvocate 08-20-2013 05:30 PM

I agree. I was not expecting much from this cigar but it was worth every cent. Go for it!!!

MUNKY 08-20-2013 05:35 PM

Yes, devil site do it.

Porch Dweller 08-20-2013 05:44 PM

I'm smoking one right now. It's about the sixth to the last one I have from two boxes I got back in December. They're damned tasty and seeing that you can find them for <$3 a stick sometimes, they're one of the best bargains out there right now, IMNSHO. As soon as my wneador gets here I'll be ordering another box.

big_jaygee 08-20-2013 05:59 PM

i agree with everybody here. it is a great cigar and right now on CI for $59.99 (Robusto) it is a great deal :tu i keep two boxes on hand at any given time.

link to them on CI

Dunkel 08-20-2013 06:04 PM

Yep and if you use the free shipping code it's even sweeter.

Ncpsycho 08-20-2013 08:17 PM

I bought a 5er and went back for a box-- love em

Weelok 08-20-2013 09:59 PM

I think they are right priced. I got a bad box with fresh lacquer on the box and cellophane pealing off the box. Based upon that singular box experience I would say they are right priced. I would go with Diesal Unholy or Man O War Ruinations over the Ramon Buesos on Joe's over the Ramon's IMHO.

poriggity 08-21-2013 08:05 AM

I love em! Wish I had coin for more cigars right now, and I'd buy a couple boxes of them.

Dunkel 08-21-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 1875633)
I got a bad box with fresh lacquer on the box and cellophane pealing off the box. Based upon that singular box experience I would say they are right priced. I would go with Diesal Unholy or Man O War Ruinations over the Ramon Buesos on Joe's over the Ramon's IMHO

Did they taste bad? My box had the same issue, but I haven't smoked 1 from the box yet.

Weelok 08-21-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunkel (Post 1875816)
Did they taste bad? My box had the same issue, but I haven't smoked 1 from the box yet.

Unfortunately they tasted like they smelled ROTT which is a harsh chemical taste. I pulled them out of the box and have been letting them air out and rest since March when I bought them. My Coolidor exchanges a lot of air so I wasn't worried about the smell tainting my other cigars but if you have a sealed humidor I would not store them with my others until they air out.

On a good note, after 6 months they are tasting good :) My basic thoughts is they were rushed due to CI delivery schedules so took short cuts. Simple bit of better QA and this problem would be solved but doubt they'll get the break they need.

Another thing I didn't like was they dyed the wrappers. While somewhat common and certainly acceptable in a $3 dollar cigar, I wouldn't pay more than $3

Porch Dweller 08-21-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weelok (Post 1875962)
Unfortunately they tasted like they smelled ROTT which is a harsh chemical taste. I pulled them out of the box and have been letting them air out and rest since March when I bought them. My Coolidor exchanges a lot of air so I wasn't worried about the smell tainting my other cigars but if you have a sealed humidor I would not store them with my others until they air out.

On a good note, after 6 months they are tasting good :) My basic thoughts is they were rushed due to CI delivery schedules so took short cuts. Simple bit of better QA and this problem would be solved but doubt they'll get the break they need.

Another thing I didn't like was they dyed the wrappers. While somewhat common and certainly acceptable in a $3 dollar cigar, I wouldn't pay more than $3

I've smoked a ton of these and never seen any indication of dye.

Did you contact CI when you got the box with the issues? Their customer service is great and I imagine they would have replaced it.

badbriar 08-21-2013 08:19 PM

I got a bad box with fresh lacquer on the box and cellophane pealing off the box.

Is this a common experience with these sticks? CI is not my favorite to deal with. Bet that Famous S. wouldn't let a box go out like that.
Sorry to hear you received a box like that. Crappy QC. :gary
RR

Zane 08-21-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badbriar (Post 1875970)
I got a bad box with fresh lacquer on the box and cellophane pealing off the box.

Is this a common experience with these sticks? CI is not my favorite to deal with. Bet that Famous S. wouldn't let a box go out like that.
Sorry to hear you received a box like that. Crappy QC. :gary
RR

This is the first I have heard of it happening.

MUNKY 08-21-2013 09:01 PM

Hmm mine is a beaut

Porch Dweller 08-22-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane (Post 1875971)
This is the first I have heard of it happening.

Same here. And CI's customer service is great, IME.