Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Los Blancos Nine (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35710)

Adriftpanda 08-28-2010 04:52 AM

Los Blancos Nine

This cigar was given to me by SterlingCigarMan today at Tower Pipes and Cigars. Andy had asked me to do a review for it, figured I have no life so what the hell.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/photo108.jpg

Size: 5 x 50
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Corojo Oscuro
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

First couple puffs on this cigar, I expected a full pow kick in the nuts spice since it is triple ligero, but NO, not at all. Getting some nice dense smoke. It's got some semi sweet tobacco flavor to it, leaving my tongue a little tingly. I would almost go as far as saying, syrup like sweet. Nose exhale, getting a very nice little subtle spice. I'm loving the fact, that this is not an overpowering spice kick ligero smoke.

As the 2/3rd starts off, starting to pick up on some rich coffee flavors, nose exhale and getting that nice little spice to it. I could see smoking this cigar with a nice stout! Getting a nice chocolate taste. No real soft spots, getting a pretty even burn, although the ash doesn't hold worth a damn.

As the final third begins, I'm starting to feel it a little. Son of a biscuit just kinda snuck up on me. I really don't want to say this, but it really taste like a Viaje Skull and Bones to me. Yes, I said it. The peppery flavor does kick up a notch but not to that kick your nuts notch, but it's a very pleasant pepper taste.

Overall, it was a nice cigar. Not sure on the price but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $10. Is it worth a try? YES, go out and try to find them. I'm generally a slow smoker, but this cigar burnt pretty fast.

jonumberone 08-28-2010 06:07 AM

Re: Los Blancos Nine

Great review Huy.

You really nailed the syrup sweet and not kick you in the nuts spice.

I grabbed 2 5er's of the Toro and payed $7 a stick.

kelmac07 08-28-2010 08:13 AM

Nice review Huy!! :tu

mariogolbee 08-28-2010 08:23 AM

Nice review Huy.

pektel 08-28-2010 08:27 AM

Nice review Huy!

TripleF 08-28-2010 08:30 AM

I had one last week and was impressed!!

Great review Huy!! :tu

SterlingCigarMan 08-28-2010 09:59 AM

Thanks for the review brother, Happy to meet you in person, and glad you liked the cigar. It retails in CA for around $8.??.

T.G 08-28-2010 12:11 PM

Andy gave me one of these yesterday also, which I smoked at Tower, and I'd have to pretty much agree with Huy's review. Very nice cigar. When I got down to the last 1" or so of the cigar, I was kind of bummed that I was reaching the end of such a nice cigar.

NCRadioMan 08-28-2010 12:13 PM

Los Blancos should get rid of their other cigars and just focus on this one. It is the most unlike any of their others, thank God.

SterlingCigarMan 09-19-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda (Post 969044)

Overall, it was a nice cigar. Not sure on the price but I wouldn't expect it to be more than $10. Is it worth a try? YES, go out and try to find them. I'm generally a slow smoker, but this cigar burnt pretty fast.

Thanks for reviewing the NINE. I am glad you enjoyed our cigar.:tu
The MSRP on the NINE is $6.93 - $9.75 depending on the state.

Adriftpanda 09-19-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingCigarMan (Post 993819)
Thanks for reviewing the NINE. I am glad you enjoyed our cigar.:tu
The MSRP on the NINE is $6.93 - $9.75 depending on the state.

It's doing well at the shop Andy. Everyone that has tried it, has been extremely impressed with it. I recommend that stick to pretty much everyone that comes in, wanting to try a new stick.

mosesbotbol 09-29-2010 11:47 AM

Here's another review on this cigar from me:

Appearance: Dark brown with an oily sheen. Nice spring with a perfect cap. Has a barn yard and tobacco smell. Well bunched and cut perfect.

Initial taste of fresh leather, and hay. Ash is mature and a bone white with a clean aftertaste. The cigar becomes a tad vegetal after a few puffs.

Mid point is straight tobacco with some leathery hints. Very full bodied and bit strong. Clean after taste persists.

Very slow burning cigar with good combustion. A solid cigar that I would not recommend for the beginner due its power. Nice smoke.