Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Coffee from a clover (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52319)

ApexAZ 01-03-2012 03:40 PM

Coffee from a clover

I drink coffee every day, but I am far from what you would call a connoisseur. I brew a k-cup and add a bit of half-and-half and off I go. There is an independent coffee place near my work who makes the best latte I've ever had. One day, I was looking at their 'clover' menu and the types of coffee they had from different regions around the world and what their tasting notes were. I asked them about the flavors and got a long-winded response about how they only mild to medium roast their coffee to ensure they don't destroy them by over-roasting the beans.

So I bought a cup and proceeded to put some creamer in it before we left. As we were walking out, I mentioned the creamer to the work friend I was with and he was like, "Oh jeez, did they see you do that?".

Is this bad form with coffee from the clover? I suppose the creamer masks some of the flavor that they are describing. I don't care if the bean has notes of caramel, or nuts or floral. I like my coffee with some cream. Maybe I should stay with regular old drip. :)

Volusianator 01-03-2012 03:49 PM

Re: Coffee from a clover

Drink what you like, like what you drink, they way you like it. The WAY you like it.

Mr B 01-03-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volusianator (Post 1519336)
Drink what you like, like what you drink, they way you like it. The WAY you like it.

X2

I roast my own, and I believe it is some of the very best I have had. On that note, I always drink my coffee (in a tumbler size mug) w/ a large tablespoon of sugar and Silk Creamer. I still taste all the killer flavors...and thats the way I like it.

The quote above says it all.

ApexAZ 01-03-2012 04:50 PM

Cool. I wasn't worried so much about what they think, but more so if there was even any point to drinking it if adding cream. It was about 30% more than the regular drip and it seemed like they were highlighting all the flavors the brewer brings out, so I was wondering if adding cream negated this. My buddy seemed to think so.

How do you roast beans? Do you just put 'em in the oven?

floydpink 01-03-2012 05:02 PM

Clovers? no problem. Some of the guys on the coffee forum here swear by that coffee from cat poop stuff.:cf2

hammondc 01-03-2012 05:20 PM

WTF is coffee from clover?

ApexAZ 01-03-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammondc (Post 1519422)
WTF is coffee from clover?

It's a $11,000 coffee brewer that works similarly to a French press. That's how she explained it at least.