Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I just smoked my first Habano! First impressions... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60545)

Clint1 02-06-2013 02:06 AM

I just smoked my first Habano! First impressions...

Hello everybody!

This morning I went to a big tobacco shop in my town to buy some Toscanos (italian cigars), but while I was waiting for my turn, a ray of light hit my mind and I yelled into my thoughts

"I want HABANOOOOS!!!" :dr

Then I asked the shop assistant if they had Cuban Cigars in store and... in half a minute I bought a three-cigars pack of Cohiba Siglo II. :noon

Oh boys, what a cigar, what a taste! I finally tasted some serious aroma evolution, every third of it tasted differently and at the end, a marvellous taste of tobacco remained in my mouth. And when it was done, I just wanted to have another. But obviously I didn't. -(P

Well I have to say that I love Toscanos and they are extremely good (for me at least), but Habanos are extremely good in the same way, and I just don't want to compare them for wich is better, simply because they are two different worlds, it would be like comparing classical music to progressive hard rock: you just can't.

I took my decision! For the everyday smokes I'll buy Toscanos, also because they cost much less, and I will keep Habanos for special moments.

I couldn't ever imagine that a cigar could make me so happy :cf1

Happy smokes!

longknocker 02-06-2013 02:31 AM

Re: I just smoked my first Habano! First impressions...

Another One "To The Dark Side"!:D Enjoy!:tu

big_jaygee 02-06-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longknocker (Post 1791704)
Another One "To The Dark Side"!:D Enjoy!:tu

that no lie :tu :r

mahtofire14 02-06-2013 04:54 AM

I would have to say my first experience with a CC went very similar to yours....:noon

Blak Smyth 02-06-2013 04:59 AM

Not very often I hear about somebody's first experience being so wonderful.
Most people say "I don't get it", and I think Mmmm more for me.
It took me several attempts before I fell in love, it was a RASCC that turned me.
Enjoy the dark slope! I have heard a lot of people from outside the US like those Toscanos.
No idea what they are, they sound coffee infused? Fire wall has me blocked from informative websites.

I think "I want HABANOOOOS!!!" about 23.5 hours a day, I think Leo planted the idea deep in my subconsious.

cjhalbrooks 02-06-2013 05:36 AM

I love to hear this bro

Clint1 02-06-2013 06:10 AM

Thanks you all for your replies! :)

Happy and joyful smoking! -(P

Kevin(n)tn 02-06-2013 06:21 AM

Congrats. I have yet to smoke a cc but I will one day.

Subvet642 02-06-2013 06:28 AM

Sig II's are my favorite, too! No wonder you love them.

Big Maduro 02-06-2013 09:42 AM

Very nice. Someday I will see for myself. Congrats

cmitch 02-06-2013 10:11 AM

Just remember, just because they're 'Cuban' doesn't mean they're good. I had a dog rocket last night. But, most I've had have been great. I stay away from Cohibas because of the price. I can get nearly 2 Montecristo #2's for the price of one Cohiba.

Remo 02-06-2013 10:14 AM

All of the CC's I have smoked have been awesome, mind you that I have not smoked many and all have been gifts so I figure they all were top of the line and had some age but they are great!!

AdamJoshua 02-06-2013 10:19 AM

I'm the same way, smoking my first CC was a "wow" moment all in itself, since I'm a cigar noob probably more so for me because it was a mild / medium partagas short and I actually got all of the different flavors on my palette and that was a first. Now I'm totally hooked.

I think it was icehog3 that said he has only smoked like 4 NCs in a year, now I understand why!

Hi my name is Adam and I'm hooked on the CCs ...

jjirons69 02-06-2013 10:20 AM

On a side note, you've got me wondering what an Italian cigar tastes like. Hmmm...

Clint1 02-06-2013 11:19 AM

Since @Blak Smyth and @jjirons69 are wondering how a Toscano is made and how it tastes, I'll give you some info.

Toscanos are made with fire-cured Italian and North-American Kentucky tobacco, they are short-filler made and have a strange shape, I would describe it as a double truncated cone.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JwDWujEbdj...0/toscano2.jpg

Yep it's not good-looking :sh but it has a good taste :dr

Its taste is strong and not so refined, with strong aroma of wood and earth.
The cigar produces a very strong smell!

I don't know how to describe better, I'm still a newbie :)

Thanks for asking about Toscanos, it's a honour for me to illustrate this made-in-italy product to my overseas brothers :)

Dave128 02-06-2013 11:41 AM

While I was in the Bahamas last fall I watched a guy roll some cigars that he said were made from 100% cuban leaf. There was no filler, just some dark and yummy leaves that he expertly rolled. I bought one and smoked it on the porch next to him. It was by far the best cigar I have ever had. Other than that, I have never had the pleasure of smoking a CC.

Blak Smyth 02-06-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmitch (Post 1791863)
I stay away from Cohibas because of the price. I can get nearly 2 Montecristo #2's for the price of one Cohiba.

Maybe you are talking about a higher value Cohibas? Sig2s should be in line the Monte2s.
Would I rather have a Monte2 than a Sig2? Sometimes, but I like both and I like variety.

CJS 02-06-2013 11:51 AM

I know exactly what you mean! I'm a BIG fan of Siglo-II myself...

Lear31MX 02-06-2013 12:25 PM

Blak Smyth and JJirons 69 send me your addy's and I'll get you out a few Toscanos.

Subvet642 02-06-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lear31MX (Post 1791937)
Blak Smyth and JJirons 69 send me your addy's and I'll get you out a few Toscanos.

:po