Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tomorrow could be the day! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49381)

Newbie_nick 09-20-2011 12:13 PM

Tomorrow could be the day!

For the last several months, I've been struggling with gall bladder issues, and although not life threatening, I had to have it removed last Friday. Honestly, I can't complain about the surgery, and I'm recovering better than I could have expected. That being said, I haven't had a cigar since last Wednesday, and I'm craving one in a bad way! :dr

Like I said, I'm recovering better than I expected, and I think that tomorrow might be the day that I celebrate my successful surgery with a delicious cigar. I just received some 5 Vegas Gold Maddies from the Devil's site last week, and that might just be my first victim!! Heck yes! -(P

Blak Smyth 09-20-2011 12:16 PM

Re: Tomorrow could be the day!

Congrats on your speedy recovery, enjoy which ever one you smoke first!

WittyUserName 09-20-2011 12:21 PM

Glad you are doing well!!! Smoke em if you got em.

irratebass 09-20-2011 12:25 PM

Good luck on the the getting well, I made the mistake of thinking you were going under the knife this Friday from your pm, well glad that's over with and I hope you can enjoy the cigar as well.

Newbie_nick 09-20-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irratebass (Post 1414939)
Good luck on the the getting well, I made the mistake of thinking you were going under the knife this Friday from your pm, well glad that's over with and I hope you can enjoy the cigar as well.

Sorry, Mickey! I probably wasn't that clear in my PM. I was on some sweet narcotics after my surgery, and I probably didn't make much sense. :D

N2 GOLD 09-20-2011 12:35 PM

Congratzzz on a speedy recovery... :tu

Jasonw560 09-20-2011 12:44 PM

That will be one of the sweetest ones you will smoke.

Glad your recovery's gong well!!!

Moose6026 09-20-2011 05:34 PM

Glad you are doing well. Had mine removed seven years ago, watch out for greasy foods now.

Ogre 09-20-2011 05:51 PM

Congrats on the quick recovery!!!

kelmac07 09-20-2011 06:10 PM

Glad to hear all is mending well. :D

Newbie_nick 09-20-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose6026 (Post 1415303)
Glad you are doing well. Had mine removed seven years ago, watch out for greasy foods now.

Thanks, Dan. When they ran the pre-testing, my gall bladder was only running at like 1%, so I've basically been without one for a while! I've tried to change my diet over the past several months, and I haven't had too much trouble. Hopefully, I can have SOME greasy food! :D

lyle23 09-20-2011 07:45 PM

Congrats on the speedy recovery, and enjoy that first smoke!!! Why not make it 2?

irratebass 09-20-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbie_nick (Post 1414943)
Sorry, Mickey! I probably wasn't that clear in my PM. I was on some sweet narcotics after my surgery, and I probably didn't make much sense. :D

Yeah I wasn't going to point it out, + I was a little drunk :D

Sherlockholms 09-20-2011 09:29 PM

I'm glad your on a speedy recovery Nick, and I hope what ever cigar you choose is a stick of gold! Enjoy brother :)

Tbagley 09-21-2011 06:05 AM

Nothing like a cigar to get you back on the right track, just be sure to take it easy and don't rush it.

mosesbotbol 09-21-2011 08:17 AM

Smoke the best one you got and be thankful you are alive another day!

Newbie_nick 09-22-2011 06:28 AM

Thanks for the comments, all!

Unfortunately, my cigar wasn't all that great yesterday, and I blame myself for that. I really think that my humidor is running too much humidity. Several of my last few cigars haven't had much flavor and have burned badly. Yesterday, my stick burned deep inside without burning the outside, and if I remember correctly, that's a sign of high humidity.

Disappointing!

lyle23 09-22-2011 08:07 AM

Sorry to hear your first stick was a dissapointment. What kind of humidification are you using?

Newbie_nick 09-22-2011 04:42 PM

I've been using an open, sponge-style humidifier, but I just received my 65% beads from Cigarmony today! I also checked the calibration on my hygrometer and found out that it was reading LOW by about 6%. I figure that my humidor was running at 77% to 79% for a while now!

Hopefully, my sticks will regulate in the next week or so, and I'll be back in business.

Drez 09-22-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbie_nick (Post 1417481)
I've been using an open, sponge-style humidifier, but I just received my 65% beads from Cigarmony today! I also checked the calibration on my hygrometer and found out that it was reading LOW by about 6%. I figure that my humidor was running at 77% to 79% for a while now!

Hopefully, my sticks will regulate in the next week or so, and I'll be back in business.

might take a little longer than a week but they will get back down and youll be smoking in no time brother!!