Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Island (The other ones) Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Magnifico (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42577)

76GTFan 02-16-2011 03:30 PM

La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Magnifico

This is a short one as I would rather smoke it than type.

What an impressive smoke. I wasn't a huge fan of their line before. Very complex and smooth medium body and flavor. Raisins cream and vanilla. Also transitions to mocha and coffee, while faintly keeping that famous Pepin spice. Goes really well with a bourbon or scotch (like any cigar right?).

I am glad I have a few more and will definetly be stocking my humidor with more of these. Very impressed.

Mr B 02-16-2011 03:47 PM

Re: La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Magnifico

Agreed 100%

kelmac07 02-16-2011 07:16 PM

Guess it's time to light one of these up.

76GTFan 02-16-2011 07:35 PM

Honestly the few LADC that I have had tunneled. Didn't think highly. This one started funny but really opened up after about 5 minutes.

I really like the Murcielago as well, so maybe there is something to these new Cuban seed Mexican wrappers.

kelmac07 02-16-2011 07:36 PM

Gotta agree with you on the Murcielago...great stick!! :dr :dr

MedicCook 02-16-2011 10:09 PM

Excellent cigar. :tu

NCRadioMan 02-16-2011 10:26 PM

Yeah, Pepin is quickly becoming the master of Mexican wrappers.

GHC_Hambone 02-16-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76GTFan (Post 1175027)

What an impressive smoke. I wasn't a huge fan of their line before. Very complex and smooth medium body and flavor. Raisins cream and vanilla. Also transitions to mocha and coffee, while faintly keeping that famous Pepin spice. Goes really well with a bourbon or scotch (like any cigar right?).

I am glad I have a few more and will definetly be stocking my humidor with more of these. Very impressed.

Wow! Sounds like a good cigar.

Lucky_Hippo 02-17-2011 07:36 AM

I've been curious to try these for a while now. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a 5 pack this weekend.

Thanks for the review!

shilala 02-17-2011 08:13 AM

I desperately tried to like these smokes cause I think the wrapper is so cool.
All I could wring out of them is "Gaack."
I'm really happy some guys are liking them, they're a good looking cigar all the way around. They just didn't hit any of my flavors, and hit lots that I specifically don't like. I'm happy I've had lots of chance to try them, and I'd hope anyone that has opportunity would give them a shot.

Nathan King 02-17-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76GTFan (Post 1175027)

I was gifted one of these from an Ashton rep a little while back. They are an excellent smoke indeed.