Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Coffee Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How do you brew? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17032)

novasurf 06-15-2009 04:29 PM

How do you brew?

You're home. It's all good.
You got your whole bean coffee
You've ground your coffee.
Sweet floral smelling grinds.

Now, how do you brew your morning cup?

The Poet 06-15-2009 04:30 PM

Re: How do you brew?

I'm old school - I perk.

Emjaysmash 06-15-2009 04:33 PM

one cup at a time...with a malita. LOL

GreekGodX 06-15-2009 04:35 PM

French Press! Hard to drink coffee any other way...

JaKaacH 06-15-2009 10:11 PM

French Press. Need to get a thermal carafe. Right now, after brewing, I pour the coffee in my free Gevalia drip maker pot to keep it hot. Too long on there and it loses the fresh brewed goodness...

tchariya 06-16-2009 12:14 PM

3-cup mokapot over the gas stove w/hot milk. mmmmm

csbrewfisher 06-16-2009 12:41 PM

I get out of bed after resetting the alarm four times. I stumble out to the kitchen, hoping my skivvies are on just in case I run into one of our four teenagers, a highly unlikely event, and the dogs are trying to trip me along the way. Unable to see, I retrieve the coffee pot and basket from the dishwasher, mostly by feel. Whole beans? Screw that, it's way to serious and I'm hardly awake. I try to count three scoops of Maxwell House into the Bunn dripper, fill it with water, then wait two minutes while I feed the spastic dogs and the two spastic bettas. Then I pour two cups of fresh coffee, the other for the stunning Mrs. Brew.

If I can make it just that far, I'm doing real good.

robofan 06-16-2009 01:11 PM

Three cup moka pot, Nespresso Aeroccino to froth and heat milk and in ten minutes I have an outstanding cappuccino.

K Baz 06-16-2009 01:13 PM

Let the super auto espresso machine do it for me.

If I am feeling like I don't have enough to due its either french press, moka pot, or the ever mystifying Mooka Pot

germantown rob 06-16-2009 03:28 PM

Start every morning with a six cup moka pot followed shortly by another. :wo

ChicagoWhiteSox 06-16-2009 03:31 PM

french press or moka pot:dance:

Mr B 06-16-2009 04:52 PM

Bodum French Press

m69c44 06-16-2009 06:58 PM

French Press on the weekends and fresh drip during week....

perogee 06-16-2009 07:33 PM

aeropress :tu

ashmaster 06-17-2009 08:20 AM

In the morning I'll use the french press or the Moccamaster, for the occasional afternoon cup I'll use the aeropress.

Fumes 06-17-2009 11:20 PM

Depends on the bean. Delicate light roasts I'll brew in a french press or sometimes a pour over if I just want one cup. Middling beans I'll throw in the Capresso dripper. FC+ or espresso roasts I'll use the moka pot.

The dazzling Ethiopians -- Aricha, Beloya -- just shine in a french press or even a simple pourover. I've been roasting them in small batches and hiding them in the back of the cupboard so my wife doesn't put them in the drip machine. Is this so wrong?

Swampper 06-18-2009 12:07 AM

Espresso!

Get up, fill the tank on the Oscar, usually about 2.5 cups of filtered water.

Turn on the machine, bleed off some steam after about 10 minutes.
Wait another 15, flush the portafilter, run the grinder, fill the basket, level, tamp, lock in. Steam a mug of water to boiling, takes about 20 seconds,
pull the shot, add to the mug, best cup of joe ever!

Knock the puck into the knock box, flush the filter, it's all ready to go for the next shot.

Most mornings I only drink one cup, make a roadie to take to work, and turn off the machine.

leafandale 07-08-2009 09:26 PM

After years of spending way too much time getting coffee ready in the morning, I asked for, and received, a Keurig 1 cup coffee maker for Fathers Day. Holy crap, how easy can it get. A great cup of Joe in under 30 seconds. If I wanna spend all of a minute, I'll grind my own beans that I brought home from the B&M I own (we sell coffee, too), and use the washable filter for the Keurig.

kenstogie 07-16-2009 12:39 PM

French Press myself but am interested in these other ways.

JakeTheSnake 07-24-2009 11:20 PM

Drip on weekdays, french press when I am not feeling too lazy, or when the wife and I killed the pot, and just wan one more cup.

I really need a bigger press :(