Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Your home mixtures (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67871)

CoffeeWaterBeer 09-28-2014 09:49 AM

Your home mixtures

In this thread, tell us about anything you've mixed at home whether intentional or just to consolidate several near empty tins.

About a year ago I stuffed a 16oz Jar with a bunch of random blends just to consolidate stock. Mostly VaPers with small traces of some Lat blends and a tiny bit of Motlo Dulce. I'm beginning to get an itch to open that sucker up and see what 12 months did to what's inside. In hindsight, I wish I had jarred in two containers so I could crack one and leave one for another year. Live and learn with this hobby.

Tell us about any home blends or "sweepings" you've done and how they turned out.

WaRevo 09-28-2014 02:08 PM

Re: Your home mixtures

I wouldn't know what to do with 16oz of Tobacco. I know for sure I couldn't keep it for 12 months LOL. I buy to smoke. I have to admit that the only Tobacco I have left over a year is some Black Cav that I bought 2lbs of. I add to other tobaccos that I find don't like much to add flavor to make it smokeable LOL. At about the same time I bought the Black Cav I bought a box of 6 Captain Black Dark and even smoke all that already. Maybe next year I will slow down some on Smoking. Think next year I will just smoke more Cigars.

James

Subvet642 10-05-2014 04:31 AM

I've mentioned it before but I like Ashton Consummate Gentleman mixed about 50/50 with Peterson's Irish Flake.

MarkinAZ 10-05-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 1990739)
I've mentioned it before but I like Ashton Consummate Gentleman mixed about 50/50 with Peterson's Irish Flake.

So, your talking 1 tin of ACG mixed with 1 tin of PIF correct? Sounds like an interesting blend Darren...

Subvet642 10-05-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 1990792)
So, your talking 1 tin of ACG mixed with 1 tin of PIF correct? Sounds like an interesting blend Darren...

Yeah, basically. I don't really know what I'm doing but it seemed to me that the ACG needed a little more "oomph" and Irish Flake was just the ticket. :sh

MarkinAZ 10-05-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 1990858)
Yeah, basically. I don't really know what I'm doing but it seemed to me that the ACG needed a little more "oomph" and Irish Flake was just the ticket. :sh

...:bh;)

Well, as long as its in the ball park, I guess that's what counts huh?:tu

Subvet642 10-05-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkinCA (Post 1990870)
...:bh;)

Well, as long as its in the ball park, I guess that's what counts huh?:tu

For right now, it's really quite good but I suppose that'll change as I learn more and try more blends.

CoffeeWaterBeer 11-28-2014 05:15 PM

The current "open" jar is mostly VaPers with traces of Devils Holiday and a scant bit of GLP Lat blends, not to heavy on either side of aro or lat. It's an evolving blend.

The thing I like to do it to shake the jar, and take a deep whiff. if I think it could stand a bit more English, a bit more sweet, or just to come back to earth, I add whats needed, shake and leave it be.

I cant be the only one that dabble in the volatile. I fully understand and appreciate the heartbreak of hitting gold, never to be repeated, but it's a fun game to play.

btw, the original jar is still nicely sealed. It will be a treat one day down the road.

Edit, I'm surprised this hasn't taken off. Do you guys not mix for poops and giggles?

nutcracker 02-03-2015 06:40 PM

I have a tasty "dregs jar" - basically when I empty my tobacco pouch, or some won't fit in a mason jar. A few bits of misjudged carvings off kakes.

Variable, always interesting....