Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Online Cigar Journal Idea (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53461)

Shidoshi 02-15-2012 08:06 PM

Online Cigar Journal Idea

Hey All . . .

A friend of mine recently turned me on to this website (www.untappd.com) where you can sign up for a profile and keep track of the different types of beers you drink, rate them and even leave comments on your thoughts about them. I only drink beer every so often so there's not a lot I can contribute to that site, but I thought the layout and fucntion of it would work really well if the concept of beers were changed to cigars. Does anyone know if there's a site like that anywhere already? If not, it would be a great add-on feature to this site in my opinion.

JenksAnejo 02-15-2012 08:12 PM

Re: Online Cigar Journal Idea

If you have a smart phone check out the cigar boss app it's free. It's similar to what you just described.

tengel78 02-15-2012 08:21 PM

I like that idea since I just have a Blackberry provided by work and I don't want to carry a second phone.

Shidoshi 02-15-2012 10:37 PM

Where can you find this Cigar Boss app? I checked my app program on my Droid and can't find it anywhere. I still think it would be cool to develop something for this site tho!

Big Maduro 02-15-2012 10:41 PM

Tagged for later. I looked also,it may not be for the Android platform.

irratebass 02-16-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidoshi (Post 1561489)
Where can you find this Cigar Boss app? I checked my app program on my Droid and can't find it anywhere. I still think it would be cool to develop something for this site tho!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Maduro (Post 1561494)
Tagged for later. I looked also,it may not be for the Android platform.

Not for the Android yet....yeah I'm still waiting, I use Google docs for my online humidor, if you want I can send you a link to mine so you can look at it, it's not as detailed as some I have seen, but it gets the job done for me.

Another one that is available on the droid is called Cigar Unlimited, but it does NOT keep your info if you have to switch phones or do factory restore which p!ssed me off, because I paid for it....it did remember my account, but not my info....ugh/rant.

JenksAnejo 02-16-2012 07:26 AM

Well dang, sorry fellas.. Hopefully they get it to the Droid pretty soon. It's a nice app with a lot of cool features.

ApexAZ 02-16-2012 08:17 AM

I believe there are sites for this, but can't remember their address. I use Evernote because of the cross platform functionality. I didn't like cigar boss.

aaron72 02-16-2012 08:44 AM

Check out stogierate.com

CigarBoss 02-17-2012 01:11 PM

Hey guys - Sonny from Cigar Boss - Thanks for giving us a SO JenksAnejo - anyways, we were hoping to launch on Android 3/1 - but looks like it's going to be sometime during the week of 3/7-3/15. We'll make sure to post on here to let you guys know when it's available!

Also, we're going to be launching version 3.0 for iPhone in about 2 weeks with a ton of new features.

Hope you guys enjoy - Keep 'em Lit

Shidoshi 03-06-2012 10:10 AM

Right on Sonny. Looking forward to it. Thanks!